Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

anyone else notice?

the shutter is closed on the alpha on NOVAlasers home page but there is a rather solid beam coming out of it? (not to mention nothing is holding down the button)

also the indicator light is off ;)

uhh,.....yeah, those beams aint real.They're just advertising that its a green laser. They could do it this way, put a thin green line coming from the units and make them look like laser beams so everyone will know. Or they could put it this way "GREEN LASER" above every one.  Did you think you made a discovery?? I mean On, "attention to detail" I Give you an A+++++. but why waste this space for a little "notce"? Do you assume that all lasers in advertizing are using there "own" laser beam WHY??!!?!????? whyyyyyyyyy!!
sorry this Ambien makes me rant. Go see what else they messed up. you should email them, here http://www.novalasers.com/contact.html  Let them know that they're sneaky little tricks cant past maxkillz  LOLOLOLOL

ixfd64

NOVAlasers is an honest company, but it is indeed a bit deceptive when companies do things like this. They should add a "simulated photograph" notice or something like that.

lol, I own one and the beam does actually look that good. it's pretty solid even with no smoke

DSC06543.jpg

DSC06902.jpg

ixfd64 said:
NOVAlasers is an honest company, but it is indeed a bit deceptive when companies do things like this. They should add a "simulated photograph" notice or something like that.

Allot of what i said was sarcasm. the pic didn't bother me at all. A "simulated photograph' fine print? i wouldn't go that far. I'm sure most people with the rare god given gift of common sense would have assumed the beams were superimposed. but hey, there are a few that overlook it.

Raybo

How long was your shutter opened (on your camera) Max?
I'm seeing a lot of noise in your images.

Thanks in advance,

Ray

tone1132 said:
what Alpha did you get?? the beam looks great if that is zero fog.
it's the alpha 105 putting out over 130mW average

@raybo my shutter was open for 1/1000 of a second. it was a crappy digital camera that is now dead. Now I have a new one ;D

these were taken about 3 minutes ago not sure how good the batteries were, no long exposure used 1/1000 second exposure time in direct sunlight ( why is looks a bit washed out and I used flash on accident :-[)
DSC00205.jpg

DSC00206.jpg

maxkillz said:
[quote author=tone1132 link=1227858072/0#5 date=1227863724]what Alpha did you get?? the beam looks great if that is zero fog.

@raybo my shutter was open for 1/1000 of a second. it was a crappy digital camera that is now dead. Now I have a new one ;D

these were taken about 3 minutes ago not sure how good the batteries were, no long exposure used 1/1000 second exposure time in direct sunlight ( why is looks a bit washed out and I used flash on accident :-[)
DSC00205.jpg

DSC00206.jpg
[/quote]
According to my Exif viewer the first picture in your last post was taken with a 1/5 second exposure and the other one with a 1/6 second exposure, so either your camera is messed up or you accidentally took the pictures in the auto setting. ;D If it was 1/1000 of a second it would be hard to see anything in the picture.

styropyro said:
[quote author=maxkillz link=1227858072/0#7 date=1227890688][quote author=tone1132 link=1227858072/0#5 date=1227863724]what Alpha did you get?? the beam looks great if that is zero fog.

DSC00205.jpg

DSC00206.jpg
[/quote]
According to my Exif viewer the first picture in your last post was taken with a 1/5 second exposure and the other one with a 1/6 second exposure, so either your camera is messed up or you accidentally took the pictures in the auto setting. ;D If it was 1/1000 of a second it would be hard to see anything in the picture.[/quote]
thats what I set my exposure setting to ::) although it is a digital... I should dig up my old fully manual camera and try that for beam shots ;D
DSC06619.jpg

Raybo said:
That IS a film camera that you have posted.

Ray
I know it is, I took a picture of it a few months ago to show my friend, now I have to find it again...