Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Anyone able to recommend me a headlamp?

DJNY

It should be powered by Li_Ion batts, with a decent power (>150Lumens), power modes and as lightweight as possible. Thanks

A lot of people like zebralight for some reason. They look bulky, heavy, and the 18650 is stored up front by the reflector. But you can use it as an angle light. They're also quite spendy.

Someone gave me a headlamp that I really liked. It worked great, probably no 150+ lumens, though. Lens felt really cheap, but I could tell that a lot of work went into it after the dog chewed it up and I finished the disassembly. Lens is a sort of hybrid fresnel aspheric with a contoured back, to reduce reflection I'm guessing. LED was a rebel mounted on a 2cm^2 PCB with vias and heavy copper layer. I didn't think that was enough heatsinking, but on high it barely got warm. Was the Mammut X-zoom. AA's, though.

That one Randy linked too looks cool. If you disassemble it, post pics if you can, we'd appreciate it. Good luck!

Fiddy

zebralight H600, ive had the Chinese headlight as listed above...its a piece of shit, plastic that breaks easy, a shit Q5 led.

ive had the led lenser H7 too, its a piece of shit that runs off AAA batteries, uses a Q5 led.

The zebralight is way better, T6 led, 750 lumens on turbo, multi-modes with options on each mode, 18650 battery, all aluminum no plastic.

zebralihgt_h600_3.jpg

Only down side is that it doesn't have focus, but with the amount of light it throws out you hardly need focus and they are more expensive.

Ill never go back to any of the others now.

Last edited:
Well you just had to post this didn't you, so I just had to buy it :crackup:

I'll let you guys know how well it works when it gets here.

I'm sure I'm going to like the zoom feature :D

This is a good one :D US Seller ;) its a bit more powerful but still small and lightweight and has 3 Mode Output - Zoom function and uses a 18650 Battery

hope this helps :)

18650 Head Lamp Light 5W CREE Q5 LED Flashlight | eBay

Fiddy

What even you do FP, dont drop it, you will break the strap retainer off the battery bay and/or on the business end.

I didn't know that there are headlamps powered by 18650s! And, a 750 lumen one is very cool! :eek: I have used a Princeton Tek Apex at 200 lumens that runs on AA's and a Princeton Tec Eos Tactical at 70 lumens that runs on AAA's. Both were exceptional performers. I would highly recommend the Apex if you do not need Li-Ion batteries. The weight is distributed across the head with a battery pack at one end and the light at the other. Or, it can be bought with a belt-pack battery, making the weight carried on the head fairly light. But, I will be checking into these Li-Ion headlamps also...

wbp

I have been using the Zebralight H31 (uses CR123) for several years and love it. Personally I find an 18650 too large/heavy.

Zebralight did a batch of custom H30R (red) for me a couple of years ago and they are very popular with my fellow astronomers. Key difference being that it comes on in low, and you have to hold the button to get high - much better for preserving that precious night vision. It's also great for flying at night...

William