Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Anyone Able To Build Me A Laser?

is Anyone Able To Build Me A Laser or sell me a laser, i'm living in Australia so things are hard.

i've tried building my own with no luck, i'm not very good at that stuff, i have a 1mw green but it's very dull and boring.

i'm looking for something with a bit more power, i do have the safety glasses..well they on there way (being posted)

so overall i am just wondering if anyone out there will help me, in my quest to obtain a beautiful laser, I'm also 20 yr's old and living in Melbourne Australia.

Thanks for taking your time in reading this.

daguin

Have you tried actually shopping through this thread and the Laser Pro Shop board?

There are lots of people who can build a laser for you or who already have one built to sell you

Your biggest problem is living in Australia
Builders won't accept the responsibility of your customs catching and confiscating the laser
That means that you are taking the risk of both the monetary loss AND your customs coming down on you

Peace,
dave

I sold to a few Aussie customers before, had to ship 2 seperate packages though to get past the strict customs system. 1 package was just the head of the laser (diode & driver) marked as 'LED lighting/LED diode' and the other was the rest of the unit marked as flashlight parts. I was advised on shipping using this method & it worked flawlessly - only downside was the expense of sending 2 packages but the customer who recommended this method explained it was worth it gettng a high powered handheld into Australia.... :beer:

Last edited:
HA these aren't secrets cheech, my buyer advised me to follow this method & assured me we'd have no problems with customs. He was right :p

I'm just passing along some good advice for anyone willing to help out our Aussie friends :beer:

Poor Australians! :( Try finding members within Australia with the search function :)

i've tried looking thru the sell threads most the stuff is all sold so thats why i thought i' ask you guys :)

this was the host i was gonna use in my attempt at making my own laser

photo_zps91451bce.jpg

if anyone wants it your more then welcome to have it,
its come with lense and battery compartment and original leds that were in it!

I'm also giving it away for free :)

I sold to a few Aussie customers before, had to ship 2 seperate packages though to get past the strict customs system. 1 package was just the head of the laser (diode & driver) marked as 'LED lighting/LED diode' and the other was the rest of the unit marked as flashlight parts. I was advised on shipping using this method & it worked flawlessly - only downside was the expense of sending 2 packages but the customer who recommended this method explained it was worth it gettng a high powered handheld into Australia.... :beer:

you looking to sell again? thanks

let me know, Jake

this was the host i was gonna use in my attempt at making my own laser

photo_zps91451bce.jpg

if anyone wants it your more then welcome to have it,
its come with lense and battery compartment and original leds that were in it!

I'm also giving it away for free :)

Does that host have a brand 'name'? Maybe you can find a heatsink compatible with it!

You could also try purchasing a host from Ebay and press fitting a module in?
It's pretty straight forward and you have dozens of combinations to pick from

From there you can move onto soldering diodes to drivers and so on!

We have it tough down here in Australia but it hasn't really stopped us :p

You could also try purchasing a host from Ebay and press fitting a module in?
It's pretty straight forward and you have dozens of combinations to pick from

From there you can move onto soldering diodes to drivers and so on!

We have it tough down here in Australia but it hasn't really stopped us :p

my brain just died D: