Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Anybody want to make a Deal?

Add you location and post in welcome page if you havn't yet!
This will help us help you.

I can do your build for 155.00 shipped. It will be a custom built red powder coated host.
Should be about 500mW and runs on 1 14500 or 1 14650 battery.

Last edited:
I can do your build for 155.00 shipped. It will be a custom built red powder coated host.
Should be about 500nW and runs on 1 14500 or 1 14650 battery.

Did you mean mw? Lol im assuming you did...

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Hey BlackFire007, you better take Ehgemus up on that deal, it's a great price, and you're sure to get a super host with it, from a top notch builder! :)

Last edited:
LOL. He wants to make sure it is eye safe. :p

<$100 is pushing it. The diode will be about half that cost. Hope you're about to get what you want at a good price.

I built myself a similar 405nm 590mW laser and just the parts cost $150 and black not a red host. I just added up the cheapest parts possible and it still comes to a minimum of $115. Add to that labor and shipping. So no way it can be $100. You may be able to get a used one for $100 if you drop the red requirement. Remember also since you're buying this as a gift for someone, they also need batteries and a charger and safety glasses.

Alan

Last edited:

SteveT

As others have said, If I was in your position i would also take Ehgemus up on his offer. I have a couple of 501B hosts (including an anodised red) and whilst they're dependable and good quality-wise, they are 'unremarkable' to my mind. That's no dis-credit to the builders btw.

I will be looking towards Ehgemus in the near future for a custom host to house an up-coming 515nm build I have. Take a look around this site for some examples of his work/craftsmanship and see if that persuades you to part with the extra $25-$50 :)

SF501B the host isnt really good choice for high powered laser really, it works but i dont like it tbh..

Gabe

I don't have an offer, and I hope you don't mind me asking, but what are you using this for? I'm just wondering, 'cause that spec of exactly 555mW +/- made me curious... :)

Last edited:
I don't have an offer, and I hope you don't mind me asking, but what are you using this for? I'm just wondering, 'cause that spec of exactly 555mW +/- made me curious... :)

OH it's nothing. It's just to add to the uniqueness of the laser. I would prefer a 555mW over a 500mW or a 333mW over a 300mW.:D

Whoa guys!!
-- before you sell you all need more facts- and this member needs to be forthcoming about his (or her) age and actual location-- the time for just selling to anyone who wants & has cash is OVER.--

Pman

Every laser I have is unique in output. Trying for a specific number in my opinion isn't realistic as the output changes with many factors such as batteries, temperature (diode and ambient), lpm, optics etc... Shoot for a general range instead.
You can always change the color of the host yourself as long as you are careful but it sounds like you want a complete pre-built unit. Just like most others here I recommend spending the $50 more and taking Ehgemus up on his offer. He could probably do it for less if you go with the lower output unless it isnt worth his time.
AND, none of this matters if your friend doesn't have safety glasses and doesnt know how to handle one properly.

Last edited: