Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

anybody  here try the DX  lasers?

ipod

I have the 20mw which is quite bright, paid $50.00 for it back in january. now they're only $22.00 but dont know how good they are, assume they're just as bright.
I have the 100mw and the 200mw on order for close to a month now. hope they as bright as they say it should be.

S

SenKat

Re: anybody  here try the DX  lasers?

Ipod - I have faith in them ! They take a while to ship - but they FINALLY do ! The 100mw (from what I have heard) is running about 88mw - so no idea what the 200 does. It seems like everyone gets somethng different - so it's kinda a crap shoot.....BUT - for the price ? Hey - I'm all over it !

I have two of the DX 20's. I turned one up to 45 mW using e2 cells.

Mike

T

timelord

Who sells them? Any links and pics of them???

If you're referring to the one in that link for a 200mW for $120, a fool and their $120 will soon be parted.

A quick look at AAA battery specs, laser diode power consumption and efficiency of laser crystals will show that even without an IR blocking (which by the way, any decent 532nm laser has, no matter where they are produced), 200mW from this combination is not possible and even 50mW is improbable.

Don't expect to lookup a Samsung 808nm diode like they say it uses, I downloaded the Samsung catalog and Samsung doesn't even make an 808nm diode.

If you look at the specs on this it says, less than 200mW and that's what you'll get, way less than 200mW.

It also says, "about 2 times brighter than the 10mW laser with a bigger dot", I would say that means it's probably 25mW at most, but don't bet on it.

Then they also cover themselves by putting this warning on the item description.

"Caution: the 200mW rating is claimed by the manufacturer and we do not have the correct equipments to validate this"

S

SenKat

They are retailers, nothing more. They don't make them, only provide the service ! With that said, I have owned multiple 50mw units like that and every one of them has performed without an issue, save one - the button broke (ooops !) I ripped it apart, and am now going to make something cool with it...unknown what exactly...but SOMETHING cool ! LOL !!

Are they 200mw ? Dunno - if I had $120 to spare, I would buy one to review, and pass along the info to everyone else... I DO understand what you are saying - I have never looked up the diodes - good call on that ! But at $120 ? You takes yer chances ! I still believe the old addage would apply of: you get what you pay for ! ALthough - to disprove that statement - I bought their little helicopter for $20.00....it works GREAT ! I have received LOTS more than $20.00 worth out if it !

wait so are these IR filtered?

edit:  LOL
100mw = $99.95
200mw = $120.00

heh hmm I wonder which should we choose

edit:
scratch that it says on their site

S

SenKat

Hey - REGARDLESS of what they say on their site - they ARE IR filtered !

I cannot speak out of proof positive for hte 200mw one - but as soon as they are in stock, I'll tel you whether they are or not ! These are Newwish pointers, and as such - are IR filtered !!!!! Seriously, they are ! Buy one and check :)

SenKat said:
Hey - REGARDLESS of what they say on their site - they ARE IR filtered !

I cannot speak out of proof positive for hte 200mw one - but as soon as they are in stock, I'll tel you whether they are or not !  These are Newwish pointers, and as such - are IR filtered !!!!!  Seriously, they are !  Buy one and check :)

SenKat, did you see my post on this issue? I wouldn't be so hasty about saying that "are IR filtered".. though it is completely true in a sense..

We'll know about the IR filtering on the 200mW fairly soon. Our meters from Dr. Lava should be here within a week or two, and then we just wait for the 200's to arrive. I just ordered mine 1-2 days ago so I don't expect to be first. I have some good IR filters waiting for the test though. :)

bootleg2go said:
If you're referring to the one in that link for a 200mW for $120, a fool and their $120 will soon be parted.

A quick look at AAA battery specs, laser diode power consumption and efficiency of laser crystals will show that even without an IR blocking (which by the way, any decent 532nm laser has, no matter where they are produced), 200mW from this combination is not possible and even 50mW is improbable.

Don't expect to lookup a Samsung 808nm diode like they say it uses, I downloaded the Samsung catalog and Samsung doesn't even make an 808nm diode.

If you look at the specs on this it says, less than 200mW and that's what you'll get, way less than 200mW.

It also says, "about 2 times brighter than the 10mW laser with a bigger dot", I would say that means it's probably 25mW at most, but don't bet on it.

Then they also cover themselves by putting this warning on the item description.

"Caution: the 200mW rating is claimed by the manufacturer and we do not have the correct equipments to validate this"

You say "even 50mW is improbable", then you are saying that the Wicked Lasers are phony too? They have the "same combination" you are referring to for the 'DX' Lasers.