Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

any way to make a diy diffraction grating? :P

or dyou have to buy them?
I wana make one cause
a) theyre awesome (even just a line generator)
b) Im cheap ;D
and c) making things is far more fun than buying them :)

diachi

There are atleast 3 diffraction gratings inside projectors, thats where I got mines, I must say they are pretty cool. I might buy some more when I get some time and money.

Diachi

Amnizu

I found a cool line generator and a few other optics in the LCD screen of my old digital camera

Things

I ripped a old laptop apart and found 2 huge sheets of a line generating grating :p

IF you happen to get the plastic sheeting kind - like the (awesome) stuff I sell....fold it gently in half, and shine your laser through it again....it doubles the effect - fold it in 4ths - viola ! Pretty neat stuff !

CRAP! I threw out the old digicam and my dad salvaged the broken laptop...
Were the diffraction gratings in the screen, by any chance?
If so, how do you remove it? Ill have to go steelzz my prizee :D

diachi

Things said:
I ripped a old laptop apart and found 2 huge sheets of a line generating grating :p

Thats funny so did I, it was in the Screen, yes ? I had alot of fun with that stuff, it reflected in lines aswell, great with some smoke :cool:

artix

you can just get a piece of glass then take out your sharpest knife then SCRATCH IT!!!!!![smiley=evil.gif]  [smiley=evil.gif] [smiley=evil.gif]

I took some line generating stuff out of my dad's broken LCD screen, woop :D
Do all line generators go like . . . . . . . . . . . with lots of dots or do some actually have a line like _____________ that?