Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Any recent dealings with skylaser.cn?

Hello good people of the LPF, I was just trading emails with every laser company I know of in this past week trying to find the best deal on a 473nm handheld with some power since my Aquarius bit the dust. So far dragonlasers.com has a pretty great deal on a 30mW and we know they sell CNI, but I recently requested a pricelist from skylaser.cn and their prices are competitive with dragonlasers' on 30mW 473nm handhelds.

So it got me wondering, is this legit? Is skylaser.cn part of what used to be skylasers.com, because if so I have no problem trusting them with my money, but after a search of skylaser.cn here at the forum I see that they posted visitor messages on people's profiles here advertising themselves. The most recent experience I've had with skylasers.com is when I purchased my green handheld, and it is of great quality, even after about two years.

-So does anyone have more recent thoughts or info on this?

P.S., I mentioned the Aquarius died, and yes it's now LED'd, I used a CR2 with an overvoltage, sure burnt bright before fizzling out. :( So i was wondering is there any market for the crystals contained in there, or the host maybe? If anyone's interested in the dead Aquarius for parts ect. PM me and I'm sure we can work something out.

Last edited:

I've been in contact with this company for some time now. I trust what they sell since I bought the same product to a greedy reseller....go with the factory :) They do have a damn good product...I own a 300 mW green and its been wonderful for two years now.

DO NOT DEAL WITH CHRIS CHEN....he is the greedy seller I bought from before I knew about his supplier...

Kevin

I've been in contact with this company for some time now. I trust what they sell since I bought the same product to a greedy reseller....go with the factory :) They do have a damn good product...I own a 300 mW green and its been wonderful for two years now.

DO NOT DEAL WITH CHRIS CHEN....he is the greedy seller I bought from before I knew about his supplier...

Kevin

I have the 200mW that I purchased through that same greedy seller, it was on sale though and has been very solid and stable so I feel okay about the deal. I'll go through the factory soon for some new pointers I think, thanks for the input.

Awwww was looking forward to some beamshots of the Rigel and the Aquarius side by side. :p. RIP. Good luck finding a replacement.

Last edited:

Encap

send it back to skylaser/laserbtb for repair at nominal cost or buy a replacement at reduced price maybe.

In any case you got a good run out of it--Jan 2010-Aug 2013