Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Any one seen this? Axixz Glass lens for 405 nm

First I've seen of it, but Chuck told me he was planning on having some made. I'm gonna have to pick up a couple.

Last edited:

cust11

I am pretty sure that those lens are similar to the L$P and o-like coated lens. I believe someone did a review/comparison and got a 8%|10% power gain over AixiZ acrylic.

-Mike

Thanks for the responses folks! If somebody tries them please let me know! -Glenn

theyre ok for the price but the custom lenses larry and jay have will give you way more power. ive owned all 3 though i never did a direct comparison.

IgorT

LSP is selling these and also reports an 8-10% increase.

This is because they are TRIPLE ELEMENT spherical lenses, just like the old red coated glass-AixiZ lens we are used to.

The reason for the low increase are the three elements the light has to pass. The only benefit is that they are cheap.

For best results a single element aspheric lens is required... But those cost much more to make.

But he paid $30 for one. People pay $11 for a 10% red increase, so it seems like a good deal. I might test one

HIMNL9

Uhm, more than a power increase, i think that a triplet with a corrector (the third lens) is helpful for a better beam collimation, than with a single element aspherical lens.

The single element can be more efficent in short distance "burning point" collimation, but if you require a thinner beam, decently collimated at infinity (like for scanners, as example), a triplet is better.

Other than this, they are cheap ..... i ordered some pieces, two weeks ago, but still received nothing ..... maybe mr Maricle is in vacation :D

I think although the single element aspherics are great for power, these triplet lenses have much better collimation and a cleaner beam. For a 10% power increase over acrylics and a clean spot, I think it's worth it. I will be buying some soon.

I noticed something odd today...
I took out a few Aixiz glass lenses while I was organizing and noticed that one of the glass lenses for RED had a different tint to the coating on one of the lenses. I thought it might have been the lighting, but the coating was definitely more orange/amber, much like the coatings on the optics in a blu-ray sled, rather than the bluish tint on optics coated for red wavelengths. I tested this lens on a PHR and got interesting results:
Un-coated Aixiz Acrylic: 118mW
650nm coated Aixiz glass: 110mW
???nm coated Aixiz glass: 124mW

This lens (it either came with one of my Aixiz modules or on the new style Dilda from O-like) gave me a slight power increase over regular acrylics AND over 650nm coated glass although this lens was intended for use with red lasers.

Maybe it was just an error on the manufacturers part, but I don't really mind.
it makes me wonder if I'm the only one that got a lens like this...

I have alos been searching eBay, and found these:
Clicky

They ise the same lens as Jay's lens, and you get a complete module for $37, instead of just the lens for $60

Rob

HIMNL9

Last edited:

HIMNL9

At least, is that what they say in the description

Brass Housing INCLUDES highest quality Glass aspheric collimator lens: the now famous 405-G-1 talked about on forums, sold here by us on eBay, etc

This dealer, lasers4u, was talked about in another thread. My experience (and not mine alone) is that he doesn't respond to requests for information. I wanted a quote for int'l shipping so I sent a message via ebay as he himself requests, twice... no response. That sort of thing really annoys me.