Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Any one know how to trouble shoot green modules?

I have two. (from different places) one 50mw & 200mw. Both are new and were working fine. Tested with battery.
They are a couple weeks old. Finally had a host ready to put one in and it doesn't work. No light. Board does get hot.
Hook to battery only don't work.
What really pissed me off I went to put the other one in and the same thing is happening. No light boards do get hot.
Not a battery issue. I have others that work. But TWO screwed up at the same time?
Any trouble shooting methods for these?

Blord

In what host are you putting in the green modules ?
The green modules are case positive so the battery minus should be on the spring of the module and the battery positive on the module brass casing.

That is how they were hooked. One also has the spring and the wires.
Spring don't work, wires don't work.
They are no longer in the host. Just trying to see if I can get them to work.
All they do is get hot (fast 10-15 seconds).I have a working 200 and run about 45 seconds the board gets fairly warm.
Sounds like something may be shorted? They are totally as I received them and they were working.
I did no modifications.

If the battery was in correctly, is there any chance of a short from any part of the driver to the body of the host? Something has fried two good modules in a row on you.

Thats kind of how it sounds.
It was a pretty simple hook up. Module went into am aluminum heat sink, spring & board hanging out, spring to battery.
Cant figure out what happened.

Took it all apart checked everything. Checked switch with meter etc. Took another module (my last one) checked with battery works OK.
Put it together and turned the key. It works.
I also have a couple where I have put the battery in the wrong way a few times and it just won't come on. Flit battery & OK.
Is there any way to check components on these boards or are they pretty much disposable?
Have no idea what could have happened.