Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Any news from the c-mount 650 nm world?

Some times ago I have bought the c-mount stubby project from Jayrob, and the diode from DTR.
For unknown reasons, the diode LEDed after only 2 minutes :cryyy:
I don't known if was a driver or a diode fault, but since the diode is really expensive and hard to find, I do not want to repeat the tragedy again.
I know for sure that lazereer was working for a new driver with a lot of nice features like ramp up, but lately is very difficult to receive PMs from him, because he rarely visit the forum.
Anyone has news notices about his project or other projects? I wish to resume my kit as soon as possible, since I have spent really a couple of money and I have nothing in my hand ...

Lazeerer is definitely in the process of getting his driver finished. Last I heard from him was a few days ago and he apparently got a prototype up and running but had to reorder some PCB's due to some tracings that were missing. Although he did not give me an exact timeframe I suspect we will have something by the end of this month. I believe Ricktrent is also working on a driver. You might ask him.

Thanks for the news Jmillerdoc!
I will wait for sure 'till the end of this month for the Lazereer' driver.
If the release delay, I will ask for news also to Ricktrent.

Have You an idea where I can bought a 650 nm 4w c-mount diode for a decent price?

:thanks: Richard.

IsaacT

The problem is going to be finding them. I know DTR is no longer selling them, and I think he would if he could get more. I kind of regret selling the one I bought but such is life. Just do some looking around and maybe PM DTR.

I looked around for them a few months ago, but DTR was the only source. There might be other high
power red C-mount diodes, but they are going to be much more expensive. I know there were some
issues cropping up with them recently. He wouldn't try to sell anything that wasn't of the highest
quality.

I do not think the fault is with the C-Mount....At least I hope it is not. The " Lawgiver II " is also at a standstill until such time that Angelos makes his driver available...All things given....I will NOT drive the Dual C-Mounts with ANYTHING else !!! Way TOO much $$$ at stake !!!

Possible once this driver is available....then DTR might....MIGHT again off the C=Mounts...IF he can get them !!! I have NO idea....but...I do know that the drivers are being worked on.

CDBEAM=======>

I know Angelos only for his fame. I have seen his masterpieces ... the last one, the 488 nm, fresh of yesterday. Incredible built, really. The history of the LED with the same diode wavelenght has totally knocked my brain.
But I think that Angelos hate me for some unknown reasons. I have sent him two messages about two weeks ago, but he never replied me.
I see in his profile that sometimes he goes in private messaging, so he read for sure the messages, but do not reply for reasons.
Lack of time?
Maybe, but when my time is over and I receive some mails from users, I reply very fast like "Ok", "Sure", "Now I'm in speedy, see ya soon", "I'm working", "I'm drinking", "I'm eating", "I'm in love", and so on .. 5 sec for every user by day it's no difficult to find, really.
Angelos is my last chance to find a good driver. In the last 6 months I have destroyed two Frankenstein builds and one c-mount red build for driver failures .. I never accused anyone for that failures, but calculating diode + drivers damages plus related couriers I have wasted about 1000 dollars for nothing, so next time I wish to be more than safe, especially in the range of very expensive diodes.
I hope that Angelos finish his driver before the end of this month, but also if this will happen, I cannot figure how I will contact Angelos to buy a driver, if he never reply to the messages ...

Last edited:

IsaacT

It takes some time to get in touch with him. You can only imagine how many PM'S he gets everyday. If you want to know when he reads it, check the box marked "request read receipt".

LOL this is the price to pay for fame :beer:
Ok ok no problem, I will wait with patience.
I have a beautiful project to show in that forum too, a rotating platform at variable speed with 4 powerful lasers over the plate (two Hercules, one Frankenstein with beam expander and one c-mount red stubby). It's a superb effect, but I need to complete the c-mount red build before make any review, with videos, photos and measurements ...

Last edited: