Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

any highlasers.com reviews?

i was browsing around and found this site (highlasers.com) and this seemed like a fair price, no?

highlasers.com/Bombard-Lasers-Series.html

and ive been looking around the forum here but never see anybody even mention this site. is there something wrong about it that i dont know about?

WackBag

thentertaina said:
seriously? no body has anything to say about it????  :-?
Ok...I'll bite.  I have never heard anything good about this company.  I am sure they will send you a laser once you pay for it.  However, I would insure they guarantee the power rating and will accept a return if it does not meet expectations.  The problem with all of their lasers is their recommended duty cycle/run time.  They all have short run times due to their inferior method of keeping the laser diode cool...basically none.  Also, is the max power based on a peak or a sustained average power rating.  Meaning that their 400mW laser may peak to that power setting for 2 seconds and then settle to 50mW's for the remainder of their 20 seconds recommended run time.  Personally, if I were to spend that kind of money I would spend it at one of the more reputable dealers.  My 2 cents...

Razako

WackBag said:
[quote author=thentertaina link=1233808512/0#1 date=1234736399]seriously? no body has anything to say about it????  :-?
Ok...I'll bite.  I have never heard anything good about this company.  I am sure they will send you a laser once you pay for it.  However, I would insure they guarantee the power rating and will accept a return if it does not meet expectations.  The problem with all of their lasers is their recommended duty cycle/run time.  They all have short run times due to their inferior method of keeping the laser diode cool...basically none.  Also, is the max power based on a peak or a sustained average power rating.  Meaning that their 400mW laser may peak to that power setting for 2 seconds and then settle to 50mW's for the remainder of their 20 seconds recommended run time.  Personally, if I were to spend that kind of money I would spend it at one of the more reputable dealers.  My 2 cents...[/quote]
QFT.
If you have the money for a high powered laser then buy it from a reputable dealer.

i wouldnt really trust any site that sells green pointers and red pointers of equal power at the same price. and they have some pretty high powered pens.. i didnt think it was smart to put 100mws of green in a pen host....

jwc

There are plenty of companies here that have a reputation for high quality lasers. You're more than welcome to take the chance, but most people here would recommend paying a little more for products of guaranteed quality.

Furthermore, even if your unit is up to spec, their warranty lasts 90 days and they give no indication of a typical diode's life. If it dies shortly after that 90 day period, then the lower price definitely isn't worth it.