Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Any FTA Sat Junkies out there?

Just wanted to let all you "FTA" types that no matter how confusing the forums and info have become since the Nagra3 conversion, there is one confirmed fact I can share:

Kbox Prodigy with Khub - 81 DN channels confirmed, HOORAY!

For those unfamiliar with the Kbox, of all the STB's I've owned (Coolsat, Viewsat, Nfusion) this was the easiest box to set up, scan, and customize, period. From box to TV up took exactly 13 minutes, picture quality is on a par with Nfusion (although not as clean as VS or CS).

Just thought I'd share, with the Nag3 crack nowhere in sight, for $180 the Kbox Prodigy w.Khub will get you back up FAST. After 48hrs "testing", the only drawback I've seen is I had to reboot the Khub twice, but that has a lot to do with my IKS connection going through a mobile broadband card (occasional latency slowdowns, I'm assuming).

Wow I wish I knew what you just said ?? hahaha sounds cool though !

Peace All

FTA: "Free to Air" Satellite (Shhhhh)

The "STB" is the set-top box, or decoder, basically they are Dish Network or Bell Echoview decoder boxes that don't need cards to operate, they are equipped with a flash ROM that allows the user (if desired) to load the decoding algorithyms for a given pay TV provider and obtain totally free premium TV services.

The trouble is that DN and BEV have, well, a real problem with people doing this, and last month they launched "Nagravision 3", a new series of encoding that actually uses a 7-layer algorithym, therefore effectively rendering the current crop of STB's useless until they either crack the cosed, or ? (and many existing units just point blank don't have the neccessary processing power, rendering them relatively useless from this point out)...

The Kbox is one of a new crop of STB's that use a special dedicated hub with an internet connection to keep up with the ongoing encoding, allowing the ever-elvolving security codes to be decoded in real-time (also known as IKS, or "internet key sharing")...

THAT, or you could do what the rest of us "legal-eagles" do, which is use the STB's to access any one of thousands of truly "free-to-air" broadcasts available at any given time ;)

k1kb0t

I have Satopia and it has the worst support. For several months there weren't any updates. Now there are updates but I haven't got it working yet. :(

Jon

i have viewsat and and am a member to two forums i always get my files that way.

Hey BCM...

I'm actually looking at the Nano or Kbox...
I've "tested" coolsat-viewsat-captiveworks-pansat
but no IKS...

Yeah... N3 is still far away... IMO

Jerry

Jerry - Do not be afraid ....

Seriously, IMHO stay the hell away from Nfusion. my Nova was nothing but a pain in the ass to set up and kepp running with any stability (and not just due to my unique ISP situation) not to mention Nfusion has dropped support for the Nova unless you buy a new "internet card" for it to upgrade it to the same networking hardware as the Nuviendo (sp?).

This Kbox Prodigy was (as mentioned) a breeze to set up (basically did it all itself like the old Coolsat 6100/7100's) found the switch, LNB's, and birds first time out, and has run well for me for several days now (not to mention the list of available DN channels has grown by another 13 channels in the last 24hrs). Being from "Up North" (WAY north) as you are, I'm assuming BEV is your poison, I have the dish aimed at 91 awaiting a few tweaks this afternoon and will post the results here for you, OK Amigo?

I gave it all up when they changed the encryption method for D2mac and the community could not find the new keys. I miss filmnet and TV1000.:mad:

Regards rog8811

didn't N3 pound you guys awhile ago?

I have been out of it for around 4 years now so have no clue what is going on, I still have my reciever collecting dust in a cupboard somewhere but my one meter dish is long gone.

I had a good run though, around 5 years of free sat TV..... all I get these days is repeats, and I have to pay for them. :(

Regards rog8811

Yeah BCM... I tried the IKS Nfusion... gort it working for about 4 hrs then ZAP...
what a POS... and now no support... just like the older Coolsats...
I boycot all Coolsat products since they dropped support of the 4K 5K and 6K.

The kBox does seem to be popular...
BTW I aim at 91 and 119...

I see it this way... If my neighbor is shinning a spotlight onto my house...
I have the right to get a solar panel and charge a battery using his spotlight.
If he didn't want me to use his light for charging my batteries he just has to
shine it somewhere else..

I figure... if I find it on my property.... I belongs to me...

Jerry

Last edited:
Yeah, I was a total CS6100p fan until they backed out...Never really liked my Nova though, too much setup hassles, server down this and server moving that, etc etc - NOW they want $80 for the "internet upgrade" to retain support, what a crock!

Speaking of aiming, wanna take a gander at my little pirate ship and guess what birds I'm hitting? (the 4th dish has since been mounted the right way, this was in the early stages)

_sat.jpg

To an extent, yeah it is, but the simple fact is with thousands of individual IP's to trace on any one of the hundreds of IKS servers (and the court order required to begin the process) there is really almost no chance of an individual being prosecuted in reality.

Also - for the record, the Kbox "Khub" is sold as an internet-based "weather alert" system, and the servers are legally transmitting national weather information under direct licensing from NOAA to each and every one of them out here, so even if your IP is documented, there is no way to discern what data you may (or may not) be retrieving when you are connected (Kbox to my knowledge is the only brand supported by the Khub Weather Station)... Pretty slick. To actually prosecute, they would have to trace your physical address via your IP/ISP, then obtain a warrant to come into your home and seize your hardware in order to confirm the use of third-party software that may (again, or may not) be retrieving data used for piracy, THEN actually have physical evidence that the pirated sigbal was in fact utilized or viewed.

It's a lot easier to get nailed for importing a laser in excess of 5mW, wouldn't you say?

k1kb0t

Wow BCM, I'm not sure what birds your catching with that setup. If I had to guess I would say you have all the U.S. and Canadian channels as well as Europe and Asia. How close am I?

Jon