Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Any experience with IOQS Electronics?

Search engine says no...

They look like a new company. Their products are cheaper than pretty much everything else I have seen so far (which doesn't say much, I know). Here's an example: 500mW Laser Pointer - High Power Laser Pointer Kit A 500mW green for $95. The site looks more professional than the fly-by-night sites like lazerpoint.com, but that doesn't mean much, I know. Also, they sell a lot of other electronics too, as opposed to just lasers, so I wondered if anyone here had experience with them as a business.

Seems like yet another dropshipper, that just resells lasers, without knowing anything about them.

There isn't a chance in hell that laser is 500mW. At most it's 200mW. Most likely around 100mW.

Stick to lazerer, and o-like.

I was skeptical at first as well because the specs they list are fairly generic, so I purchased one of their cheap 200w lasers. I don't actually know how to test it but it lights matches, burns black plastics bags and has a pretty good range. I wouldn't be surprised if the 500W is legit.

Last edited:
I was skeptical at first as well because the specs they list are fairly generic, so I purchased one of their cheap 200w lasers. I don't actually know how to test it but it lights matches, burns black plastics bags and has a pretty good range. I wouldn't be surprised if the 500W is legit.

Basically all cheaper <200mW lasers use the same module. The only difference between legitimate budget laser vendors (Lazerer, o-like, rayfoss) and dropshippers, is that the laser vendors pay a premium for binned modules, and then of course also resell them at a premium.

Which means you may get lucky sometimes, and not so lucky other times.

The same is not true of lasers over 200mW, and companies that don't specialize in lasers, often fudge their numbers. I have seen claims of 5000mW in some cases from modules which at best could maybe, with luck, a push, and a little rain dance hit 200mW.

IOQS is just a dropshipper... reselling some lasers they bought somewhere else. If you're buying from them, you're gambling, and in gambling... the house always wins.

So personally I don't like gambling.

EDIT: I know for a fact that a larger module, as would be required for a 500mW green laser, will not fit into that host, without making major changes to the host internally. IOQS is full of shit... it's your money though.

Last edited: