Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Another review, the SKY LP 650-80 red laserpen

Hi guys,

yep it's me again, back reviewing my third and final laser that I bought recently from laserbtb.com

I don't have a whole lot to say in this one except that this is what 80mW of 650 looks like next to a green and violet 5mW (overspec) pens:

DSC00483_zpsc3d3df37.jpg

My YT video review does most of the talking; I have had the odd problem with it which I suspect might be a loose connection, but as mentioned I decided not to send it back to China as it didn't cost me much and was more of an afterthought while ordering my 445.

Overall I'm happy though as it still does what it's supposed to once I've got it going.

Last edited:

I see you have started to collect from laserbtb huh? :beer:

Impressive review, and great great video showing all the features of this little guy.

PS: I love your accent.

It's not that I've started to collect from them as such, just that I've happened to buy my three lasers from them so far. TBH, if I do buy more lasers (which won't be for a while, my bank account needs to recover) I will probably give some other companies or LPF/Blord a try.

I think next time it'll be a 635 or a properly exotic wavelength... 473 or 589 is looking likely.

It's not that I've started to collect from them as such, just that I've happened to buy my three lasers from them so far. TBH, if I do buy more lasers (which won't be for a while, my bank account needs to recover) I will probably give some other companies or LPF/Blord a try.

I think next time it'll be a 635 or a properly exotic wavelength... 473 or 589 is looking likely.

You can't go wrong with Blord or the members on LPF, those are some the best lasers money can buy.

635nm is a pretty wavelength, it's red but if you look closely enough has a orange *tint* to it.

Nevertheless,
473 and 589 are definitely unique colors and would make you stand out if you ever use them in presentations or such.

Last edited:
:whistle: Mind PM'ing me the security code on the back of that card? I have a few things I've been wanting to buy :crackup:

Tmack

Love the look of those little white beauties. Doesn't sound /look like you're having too much of a problem that would warrant a return. But as you stated, if that was the only laser in the order, damn right it would be going back.
If it's not one of your prized pieces ;) , if you ever buy from them again, send it off, and they could send the new one with that order. Just a thought.

Nice video.

:whistle: Mind PM'ing me the security code on the back of that card? I have a few things I've been wanting to buy :crackup:

It's one of those prepay cards that expired 4 years ago and was never actually activated ;)

Although I'll bet someone out there tries their luck :crackup:

@tmack, yeah I actually completely forgot I'd ordered it specifically in white, haha. What you mention is worth bearing in mind too.

Last edited: