Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Another newbie needs a little help

Hello everyone, not a long time ago i found this forum, some youtube videos about lasers and at once became addicted to coherent light, but was afraid to post something here, cause only laser i have is 200mw red dilda, and my knowledge of this topic not so good. So, after a 445nm expansion and little hesitating i decided to make my own 445-ray:yh:

Here is my little list of parts, hope any of you laser masters help me with some advice about it, would it work properly? :

A140 diode from Daguin

Micro FlexDrive set to 1100-1300 mA

O-like housing with 445 lens

Heatsink/Host i'm planning to machine myself (if all of this above will work :))

ps hope you help with my new mania

Last edited:

i don't know much about the o like module but if it works the same as an aixiz set up the all the parts you have would be good. now when you maching your own host remember to get a good quality clicky "on-off" switch. and by quality i mean one that can handle the current.
please post pix of your progress to help other new members.
and remember, don't play ball in the house... jk... remember SAFETY FIRST!!! don't make assumptions about it.

michael.

Ok, thanks for help, i obligatory will post pics when it'll come to heatsink;
PS just noticed that FlexDrive is out of stock at official store =(
Maybe a dumb question, but don't you know, can it be sold elsewhere?

maybe some members here can have some in stock. check the b/s/t section or post a thread in there stating that you need one. but first email lava and see when some will be available.

michael.

Hello everyone, not a long time ago i found this forum, some youtube videos about lasers and at once became addicted to coherent light, but was afraid to post something here, cause only laser i have is 200mw red dildo, and my knowledge of this topic not so good. So, after a 445nm expansion and little hesitating i decided to make my own 445-ray:yh:

Here is my little list of parts, hope any of you laser masters help me with some advice about it, would it work properly? :

A140 diode from Daguin

Micro FlexDrive set to 1100-1300 mA

O-like housing with 445 lens

Heatsink/Host i'm planning to machine myself (if all of this above will work :))

ps hope you help with my new mania

im sorry, but thanks for the lols... ;)

:oops:

Morgan

eyeballpaul? As in Kevin and Perry? Decided to, "Go Large", youself with that setup eh! Where are you based?

You could always use a MicrBoost. Plenty of those in stock and can be pushed to 1,200mA. Also made by Dr.Lava.

You'll also need a high capacity battery and some suitable wavelength protection goggles.

Hope that helps.

M
:)

Morgan

Not underscaled, there is a, "Secret Level"! It was never given as an option in the manual. Trust me, it'll do it. There's a post about it in the sale thread for, "Two New Drivers", somewhere.

[EDIT: Here it is -

http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/i...ivers-portable-lasers-49907-3.html#post715248

Have a read.]

You didn't answer my question? Sorry if you avoided it deliberately, just say if that's the case, but I'm still curious!

M

Last edited:
hm, so A140 will give 1+ watt with all 3 jumpers set on microboost:thinking:
well, maybe try this out, but seems like flexdrive will do it better anyway, but tnx for the secret ))
and yes, it's Kevin&Perry =)
edit based in post-soviet republic =(

Last edited:
i used the V5 set at 1600ma. i dont recommend such a strong current for life time but these diodes seem to be readily available.

most important though. when you start pushing and 1000ma you will need a good battery. i, and most members use the 18650. it is a 3.7v-4.2v batt with about 2500mah

michael.

Tnx for battery advice, but still can't found V5 anywhere, seems i'm late for a couple of days since it was in stock :(

Morgan

I depends on efficiency but I would expect very close to 1W even with a less efficient diode. It being an A-140 I would be surprised to see less.

I wouldn't worry too much about which of those two drivers to use at this stage. You can always use a MicroBoost and swap it out at a later date when the V5 comes back into stock. Believe me that 1W is impressive enough! ~1.5W isn't that much different. The MicroBoosts are very good for the high power BRs so you can build one of those too when you've got the V5!

(I thought you might be this side of the Pond with a name like that! Welcome!)

M