Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Another dvd laser project Nebo csi led flashlight

vito357

Whats up all i been readin for a few days on lasers and i want to build a dvd laser burner i think i know what i have to do but iam still a noobie i just want to check with the master builds on here first:).. I was at kmart last nite and picked up 2 Nebo CSI LED Flashlight / Infrared Laser Point for 8$ each with i hope i can put a laser diode in like the dorcy jr, Has any1 used one of them Nebo csi flashlight for a laser burner if so you got any tips :p. Iam just waitin for the Aixiz Laser Module Housing should be here in a few days, I also got a lg 20x laser diode. I was just goin to solder the laser diode onto the laser module but you guys said on other post not 2 do that the spikes from the 3AAA can fry the laser and make the laser only work for a short time. So i was thinkin of adding 6 ohm resistor and a capacitor just wanted to know what capacitor is good to get and is 6 ohm resistor the standard?

O sorry for all the question :) but is hightechdealz 245mW DVD Burner Laser Diode for 18$ a good laser i seen hes a member on this forum thats always good..

ONE more thing when can i add links and pictures on post?

Re: Another dvd laser project Nebo csi led flashli

i have the 245mW diode from HTD and it is indeed good. also you need 31 posts to post links

jayrob

LPF Site Supporter

Lava's new graph will show you all of the red burner diodes:

For the money, the Senkat/Stonetek diode (JL-54) can't be beat. Especially if you don't want to hassle with harvesting a DVD drive...
Jay

chido

HumanSymphony said:
i have the 245mW diode from HTD and it is indeed good.
It's not 245mW, that's called advertising. ;)
And yes, I agree with jay that the JL-54 diode from StoneTek is the best one for the money.

vito357

thaxs for the info guys i just picked up a JL-54, i really dont know how to read that graph :) so to keep the diode from not burnin up just put a 6 ohm resistor and capacitor ?

chido

Here's another graph of the StoneTek diode alone:

I suggest you don't drive it over 350mA.

You can get away by using a resistor and a capacitor but you'd be better off building a driver, here's a video tutorial.
If you don't want to build it you can always buy one. Here or here.