Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Another Blu-Ray power, I-V measurement set

cdanjo

Hi all,
 I just did this characterization on my Nichia Blu-Ray diode from a KES-400A that I got from Daedal.  The power measurement was done with a Scientech laser calorimeter that I confirmed by calibration procedure.  Wow, this violet LD puts out up to 30mW!  I was scared to push it to 50mA because it worked well enough at 45mA for me.  I'm happy with >20mW out.  I didn't know how hard to push the red LD, by the efficiency flattened out, so I figured it was time to stop.
I hope to have my circuit constructed and tested for a very cool touch-switch violet/red laser pointer by next weekend. I will share all the info with the kind folks here once I get it all together.

-colin

Attachments

• BluRay_Characteristics2.gif
    BluRay_Characteristics2.gif
    24.4 KB · Views: 126

Jayls5

cdanjo said:
I hope to have my circuit constructed and tested for a very cool touch-switch violet/red laser pointer by next weekend. I will share all the info with the kind folks here once I get it all together.

-colin

My friend and I already built one ;D

Works great.

Switch

Jayls5 said:
[quote author=cdanjo link=1199823665/0#0 date=1199823648]
 I hope to have my circuit constructed and tested for a very cool touch-switch violet/red laser pointer by next weekend.  I will share all the info with the kind folks here once I get it all together.

-colin

My friend and I already built one  ;D

Works great.[/quote]

Wanna share that with us? ;D

Jayls5

Well I'm fresh out of blu-ray diodes right now. I'm using one of the ones that turned into a LED for the time being. It's weird to see it switch between a working red laser and then a smaller violet LED dot, but at least we know it works :)