Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Analog Modulation Khz differences

i tried googling for my answer to get to unserstand what these khz ment and got this:
Hi Eric,

The analog modulation specified in KHZ is the rate in which the laser can be switched on and off.
So 10 Khz means 10.000 times per second it can switch on and off or change it's output.

So you can change the output from 0 % to 100 % 10.000 times per second.
As our eyes are only sensitive to anything below 60 hz you can see that the 10 khz rate is more then sufficient. The only difference is that with a 30 Khz laser you may get a smoother ( finer ) effect then with a 10 khz, but 10 khz will do just fine.

Cheers,

Peter
DMXLASER

i can choose online between 2 lasers...one is 1000mW and got 10khz of analog modulation. the other one is 1300mW but has 5khz and is 100 dollar more expensive.

My scanners are 30kpps on 20 degrees.

Bascily, is 5khz enough for my projector? or will this cause flickering effects or something?

thanks!

Ideally you want the faster rating. Especially if its a DPSS module.

If your building an RGB, you want the rating to be close on all 3 of the lasers.

Most diode lasers can handle very fast mod speeds, but the DPSS lasers are limited by the doubling process .

Check this thread on PL

Modulation?

Last edited: