Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

An idea for a builds...

Why not use a flat "Cell Phone" style battery in a project box so you'd have more room for Optics and positioning them. Sure the run time might be less but I think you could get much better room for making labby style project box builds.

It's just something I randomly thought of.

Attachments

I saw it, but I never noticed the battery until now, it's rather interesting. I was also thinking you could stack them vertically for more volts or amperage.

jcranmer

Just remember that LiPo batteries need different chargers then we typically use.

Last edited:
They cut out at 4.23 volts and most chargers for Li-ions are 4.2... It's not going to blow up.

billg519

I have made several lasers that use the lipo batteries for rc aircraft. These are available in a wide range of sizes. They work well. Just be sure to not over-discharge them. The photo is of one of my 445's, it runs off 2 900mAh two cell lipo packs in parallel.

Attachments

AnthoT

I've used normal chargers & I never had one blow up, although with those bare lipo's I'm always worried ill poke it with something & it blows up :eek: