Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

American DJ Fusion Scan 250EX

Well after getting back both of my Fusion Scan 250 EX's I decided to do a review here. It is my first ever review here so be gentle :p.

I have been running lights at our local youth group for what seems like an eternity, and finally I decided to buy a couple intelligent lights of my own along with a USB-DMX adapter. I spent about 3 weeks searching on the internet and decided on a pair of used Fusion Scan 250's. The total running time on the pair of them was a whopping 51 hours, 26 on the one and 24 on the other. Used in that case is basically new, that is for intellegent lights (the pre-installed lights in the auditorium get about 7 hours a day). I bought them off of eBay and, TaDa, a week later they showed up on my doorstep, along with a Chauvet Swarm4.

In the light there are 10 gobos and spot, 11 colors and white (including UV), gobo shake effect, strobe, and, my favorite, a whopping "4.9 mW" green laser diode. (notice they cant say 5 or else they couldn't have it in the light....thats' a good job Mr. FDA person.....)

Here are a couple pictures..
You'll have to click to make the pictures larger, I don't know how to do that ATM..

IMG_0805 (Custom).JPG

IMG_0806 (Custom).JPG

IMG_0807 (Custom).JPG

IMG_0809 (Custom).JPG

For control there are a 3 options: DMX-512, Maser/Slave, and Stand Alone. For DMX control each fixture takes 6 channels, hence one of the two lights ch 1 and the other is ch 7. Master/Slave runs on DMX cable as well as DMX itself. There are 2 Master/Slave options, SL 1 and SL 2, Slave one mirrors the master and Slave 2 mirrors the master half of the time and is opposite half of the time.

The pictures were take w/o any fog, faze, or haze so the one picture is almost pointless. I will take a couple eventually with haze at our youth center.

These lights run right now at about $350 a pop, not the cheapest in the world but for a light with a laser in it its kinda cool to have. I bought these off of eBay for $400 total, so it was a cool score for me. Post below if you have any more questions.

Thanks for reading!! :beer:

Got any beamshots? :D

As of now I do not. The next time that I use them at my youth center where I can get the hazer working I will get a couple. For some reason the fogger that I have sets off all of my smoke detectors at my house...FML. I should spend the like $40 and get a new one that doesn't, but that is another day....

ARG

As of now I do not. The next time that I use them at my youth center where I can get the hazer working I will get a couple. For some reason the fogger that I have sets off all of my smoke detectors at my house...FML. I should spend the like $40 and get a new one that doesn't, but that is another day....

My fog machine makes my DAC crash, so it could be worse :beer:

ARG

You aren't alone ;)

Also crashes my USB-DMX adapter too. Heck, it crashes a lot of USB devices :(

Thanks for the review :)

Use an RF choke, it helps out a bit, I had a large one from some old radio equipment.
I don't have to place my fog machiene in the other room anymore :yh:

Glad I never had any of these fog machine problems, seems like it would be difficult to identify... and weird.