Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Amazon is selling burning lasers?

Well today i did the simple 'green laser" Search on amazon well i was expecting to see pen results instead big/small recognize'able lasers that seem simalar to ones seen on rayfoss o-like and lazerpoint i own one of the amazon's look alike
i bought from lazerpoint and another from rayfoss

Amazon link
Amazon.com: MillionAccessories Military Adjustable Focus Green Laser Pointer Pen 5mW 532nm Beam Powerful 5 Miles: Electronics

Lazerpoint link
Buy 2010 New Style 200mw 1000m Adjustable Focus Green Laser Pointer (Black) in US$ 31.99 in Low Price- Free Shipping

Amazon link#2
Amazon.com: MillionAccessories Adjustable Focus 5mW Green Laser Pointer Pen With Safety Key + Battery + Charger: Electronics

RayFoss Link
www.rayfoss.com

All i know amazon Has to say is 5mw and it can be sold in US :evil:
& They Do BURN :shhh:
Warm hot after 5 sec beam day or night:wave:

So amazon is ?

This is a fairly common practice that you will find on websites like eBay too. It is illegal and if you report the listing, it will be removed. It is important to note that it isn't actually Amazon selling these. Vendors take advantage of their fulfillment program and ship in their inventory to their warehouse where Amazon distributes it to customers. I know this because you can see that it says "Sold by welltop and Fulfilled by Amazon. Gift-wrap available". "welltop" is the vendor in this case.

Most of the listings will not actually say the product is capable of burning anything and will not say the product outputs any more than 5mW. They usually include a picture of a match being lit with the laser which effectively sells the product to kids looking for "cool burning lasers"

Last edited:
That listing does state it can burn tape and light matches yet says <5mW. Probably should be reported to amazon.

Both Feebay and Amazon have pulled listing of a waterproof 532/40 offered by AixiZ- Many complaints of items like these are made by or for a competitor- they get you shut down for a bit and thus can steal your buyers.
AixiZ waits for a while makes some minor changes to the listing and in most cases they can re-list with n/ps.

Its a dirty way to do biz and I can hardly imagine any other reasons for reporting a listings like these. Heruursciences was put out of biz with such tactics.

That listing does state it can burn tape and light matches yet says <5mW. Probably should be reported to amazon.

WTH?? why should it be reported.. you must not be reading what you are typing..

WTH?? why should it be reported.. you must not be reading what you are typing..

I think he meant to say >5

Unfortunately there is no incentive for people to report these listings. Like hakzaw1 said, the only people you will find reporting these are competitors.

This:

Anyone can list something for sale on amazon.

Amazon is a marketplace system similar to ebay, google shopping, etc,.

Anyone can list anything on it, so long as they follow the listing rules.

Amazon does tend to be a lot more strict with it's vendors though, than other systems out there.

i bought amazon link #1 i received #2 from #1's Seller? Oh well its bright as hell it burns and no battery's which i already own but its a great quality laser check it out IMHO!

please reply to ...why?:(

maybe you meant.... someone ( a laser hater)will probably report it.

I bought a tritium vial just about a month ago from amazon, and I know you can't buy a tritium vial just anywhere in the United States, just like a high powered laser, I think it's illegal to import, but no effort is made to enforce it's ban once it's successfully stateside.. Thankfully in this case. I love lasers and I love tritium. :)

please reply to ...why?:(

Because stupid people buy from amazon assuming that it is safe, and then screw themselves up, and more importantly their pets and their dumb friends.

405 pointers especially are IMO very dangerous. The appear dim & therefore safe, while we all know that's far from being the case. They are also single mode and have excellent divergence, so even at some distance are still harmful.

On the flip side, IMO stupidity, and the results of poor choices that result from said stupidity are natural selection at work so...

OKay-- that is a very good point and something I did not consider.
I just found it strange that a laser lover would be reporting a seller.

And I can see some one shining what the THINK is just 5mW of BR
into the eyes of both people or animals- I got a 105mW 405 pen from 'valueoffer' for $4.63 iirc. And anything more than a very brief flash to the eyes could be VERY bad and I would not like to take any eye shot no matter how brief.

good point IE..

+rep when I can for that...Len

Because stupid people buy from amazon assuming that it is safe, and then screw themselves up, and more importantly their pets and their dumb friends.

405 pointers especially are IMO very dangerous. The appear dim & therefore safe, while we all know that's far from being the case. They are also single mode and have excellent divergence, so even at some distance are still harmful.

On the flip side, IMO stupidity, and the results of poor choices that result from said stupidity are natural selection at work so...

Almost exactly what I was thinking. Stupid people will buy a $5-$30 pointer and be like oh look it can light matches and then five seconds later point it in someones face thinking they are funny.

Amazon is just way to shifty for me. everthing looks like it will just fall apart on that site and alot of it dosnt even look legal.