Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Amazon.co.uk laser?

itsmei

Hi, as i am not an ebay buyer, i mainly buy off amazon.co.uk. Has anyone every bought a high power lazer off them which has been over powered or a good spec. I noticed that amazon.co.uk sold 50mw pens for about £30, which sounded cheap, but i doupt that this would be the right spec. Look :
August GLP50 50mW Green Laser Pen Pointer: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Has any body ever bought this laser or a laser off amazon.co.uk, not amazon.com. I am interested in amazon.co.uk.

Thanks

Hi, as i am not an ebay buyer, i mainly buy off amazon.co.uk. Has any body ever bought this laser or a laser off amazon.co.uk, not amazon.com. I am interested in amazon.co.uk.

Thanks

I've got the august 50mW and it's a nice laser, well made and will just about burn with fresh batteries. I've also got sky's 150mW potmodded flashlight style green which is awesome for the money, it's my 2nd best green. don't be put off by the fact that sky's adverts say 'power output 1mW' they are just saying that so that Amazon don't remove the lasers from sale.

If you deside to buy it I recommend you to also add this to ur shopping cart: SKY®50 Blue Violet Purple Laser Pointer Pen UK SELLER: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics members here have tested these cheap "5mW" violet pointers to be more than 50mW and they are great for burning and playing around (it also acts like UV light and makes things glow)

Yep agreed and that laser is one I considered buying too. in sky's adverts the thing to look for is the seller name, e.g 'SKY®50' that's the real power of it, not whatever they state the output to be.

X FLY

Thanks for the reply. Does that mean this laser Flashlight Style SKY® Green Laser Factory Pot Modded:Amazon:Electronics is a true 150mW green laser. It says it is pot modded, from my experience pot modding Is not a good idea? What I mean is I don't want to over power the laser and it will only last a day.

If you do have this laser do you have a review or can you describe burning capabilities.

Thanks

The only lasers I would personally buy from cheap sellers would be 5mW greens or violet lasers (because both are usually overspec and the violets are almost always over 50mW)

X FLY

Thanks for the reply. Does that mean this laser Flashlight Style SKY® Green Laser Factory Pot Modded:Amazon:Electronics is a true 150mW green laser. It says it is pot modded, from my experience pot modding Is not a good idea? What I mean is I don't want to over power the laser and it will only last a day.

If you do have this laser do you have a review or can you describe burning capabilities.

Thanks

Well I don't have an LPM so I can't tell you for sure but it's certainly very bright so I wouldn't be surprised if it is a real 150mW that's been modded.

I'll post some pictures later tonight so you can see for yourself. as for burning it pops balloons, lights matches, and can cut through the handle of a black binbag in around 30second.. that's slice right through not just a hole.

EDIT: a couple of pictures as promised..

This is the SKY 150mW
4879-sky-150mw-potmodded.jpg

Compare that to my new 200mW
4880-my-diy-200mw.jpg

So as you can see it's powerful. if I had to guess I'd say it was putting out around 170mW, but don't quote me on that it's just a guess.

Yes it will probably die very quickly if its actually pot modded but I doubt it would output 150mW even that short time it would work. If you want a good quality, overspec but still quite cheap laser take a look here: Optotronics Green Pen Pointers

I've had mine since last November and it's yet to fail on me. not saying it won't but so far so good.

Last edited:

itsmei

Sorry about the long reply! Thanks for posting pictures, it does look like a great laser +1 for that :beer:

I will probably get that laser, it looks sweet. I probably have already asked this but how long have you had this and been using it. It says it is pot modded, just wondering if it is slowly dying. EDIT: What about this laser? http://www.amazon.co.uk/SKY®-50-MIL...5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1299173742&sr=1-5

Thanks

Last edited:
Sorry about the long reply! Thanks for posting pictures, it does look like a great laser +1 for that :beer:

I will probably get that laser, it looks sweet. I probably have already asked this but how long have you had this and been using it. It says it is pot modded, just wondering if it is slowly dying. EDIT: What about this laser? SKY® 50 MILITARY GREEN BEAM LASER POINTER TACTICAL: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Thanks

Thanks for the rep :beer: I've had it since last November, and no it doesn't appear to be dying yet.. to be fair though I don't use it as much now as I did when I first got it so no way of telling really. all I can say is that it's not shown any sign of fading away yet.

That other laser looks very similar to one I bought from Gadgettown which died on me very quickly. if it is the same one it won't be heatsinked at all, something I only found out after it had died.

As you can see here the module wasn't heatsunk with the host in any way..
4515-200mw-dead.jpg

My advice is if you want a 50mW green go for the August as I know that's quality.

Hello all,

Just to let you know, I just recieved my SKY®50 Blue Violet Purple Laser Pointer Pen UK SELLER: Amazon.co.uk from the provided link above, and so far I am very dissapointed.

More info to follow once i've done some tests, but so far build quality is poor and no laser warning label (not that it means much on cheapies), output seems super low, I'd avoid this one.

rgds

F

Edit: got in touch with seller and am returning it. Phew!

Edit2: Well "sam" has been in touch again and is offering me other lasers, but not for a reduced price though :( Is it worth getting a 30-40 pound laser of him? Ive seen conflicting opinions on this board.

Any thoughts?

f

edit edit: hope im not hijacking the thread btw.

Last edited: