Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Am I enought protected ?

Hi all,
I'm a new user here
I have bought a 300mw green laser.
That's is : dhgate.com/1-piece-lot-newest-300mw-green-beam-laser/p-ff80808129886bcb012989f42ab105c8.html
I have also bought green lasers glasses protection googles
Can the laser be very dangerous also with glasses ?

Thanks ,

Emiliano Cimino

A link to the goggles would be more helpful than a link to the pointer.

...i'm still trying to decide if your spamming or not..

Just because you have 2 posts and it points to a cheap chinese green pointer. We get multiple posts like this every day from chinese companies spamming.

Just because you have 2 posts and it points to a cheap chinese green pointer. We get multiple posts like this every day from chinese companies spamming.
Aha really I have 2 posts ? :-O
I wasn't knowing that...
I'm sorry for that , I done a mistake , I'm just a new user here

About the goggles...? Most goggles will be sufficient for one hit, especially if it's OD2 or thicker. But just because you have goggles, you shouldn't act any less safe, as goggles can bleach (even good ones).

In general, I usually say that uncertified goggles are OK for burning/indirect exposure, but I would only use certified goggles if there's even a remote chance of the beam hitting your eye.

About the goggles...? Most goggles will be sufficient for one hit, especially if it's OD2 or thicker. But just because you have goggles, you shouldn't act any less safe, as goggles can bleach (even good ones).

In general, I usually say that uncertified goggles are OK for burning/indirect exposure, but I would only use certified goggles if there's even a remote chance of the beam hitting your eye.
The googles are those :
antigreenlaserglasses.png
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
Description :

Product Name : 532nm green laser safety glasses laser glasses, anti infrred laser glass/protective
Unit Price : US $20.52 / (Piece )
Item Code : 96428147
Canton packing size : 35.0 * 34.0 * 34.0 ( cm )
Quantity : 1 ( Piece )
Minimum Order Quantity : 1 ( Piece )
Packing Gross Weight : 1.0 ( kg )
Packing Quantity : 1 ( Piece )
Catalog : Eyeglasses Accessories

jakeGT

where'd ypu get em, ebay? A picture doesn't say as much as the manufacturer or anything. Also in the specs an od rating would be nice, without an OD rating, they could be sunglasses for all we know

where'd ypu get em, ebay? A picture doesn't say as much as the manufacturer or anything. Also in the specs an od rating would be nice, without an OD rating, they could be sunglasses for all we know
I got them on DHgate.
Title of the product : 532nm green laser safety glasses laser glasses, anti infrred laser glass/protective
The laser is 532nm !

jakeGT

in worst case scenario, get at least some dragon lasers, i have those, which do fine for my rayfoss 532nm which has a 150mW average, but these are the ones you SHOULD get. Your eyes are definitely worth $80.00 and these are OD 6+ at 315-532nm including IR protection.

I got a pair of the OEM's about a month ago, and a 1.75W 445 looks like a 5mW dot.

HIMNL9

These are the same DX / FP anti-green goggles that was reviewed before ..... just DHGate sell them at higher prices, no other differences.

I tested them times ago, too ..... good for green til 100mW or similar, good enough for random reflections for til 200mW, NOT enough for continuous protection against high power units like 400mW or more (they still block, but not as a professional glass filter) ..... also, they DON'T block any infrared, so if the laser is not IR filtered, and the IR part is focused as the green one, they does not protect against it (but for this thing, i have to admit that is very difficult to find real protective goggles with dichro filters both for 532 and 808 and 1064 nm together :p)

Practicaly, good for alignment, work, random reflections, safety, hobby level, til 100 / 150mW, til 200mW too with attention, much better if the laser is IR filtered ..... NOT good for point a beam at an eye through them, or for look directly into the beam (both very stupid things to do, imho), or for high power units when you risk direct reflections.

EDIT: @jakeGT: which ones $80 OD6 dragonlaser goggles, sorry ? ..... when i open their site, i only see 4 standard plastic goggles, all around 30$, and none of them over OD4 :thinking: .....

Last edited:

HIMNL9

Oh, OEM, not Dragonlaser ..... understood, thanks.

Anyway, also these ones don't protect you from IR ..... if you want a combined protection from both green and IR, on the same goggles, you need combined filters, but they are usually much more expensives ..... like, as example, these ones:

Laser Safety Filters - T5L03 | Laservision

Laser Safety Filters - P5L02 | Laservision

Laser Glasses - YAG Harmonics DIODE - Poly Filter

Thorlabs.com - LG10 Laser Safety Glasses, Amber Lenses, 35% Visible Light Transmission

or similar others.

Thanks for reply !
I'm a n00b in the laser world.
What are laser IR ? Are they very bad for eyes ?
Thanks !

IR stands for Infra Red. And yes, it is bad for your eyes, since you can not see it and therefore the blinking reflex can not protect you fron direct hit.