Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Already a Laser Addict

Mag718

Hi everyone !

Mike from Alabama here. A little about myself:

First it was Flashlights - started many years ago and I have waaay too many (means plenty of future hosts!) and am still buying one every now and then..

Now it's lasers. I've always had at least one cheapy <$5 laser hanging around somewhere for the cats. Recently, I decided that I wanted to move up in the world of Lasers to help point out the Zodiac signs to my kids. I searched GREEN lasers for doing this and have spent most of my "free" time on this site for the past 4 days. I've already ordered 3 lasers (2 for pointing out things and 1 just for "ME") and 4 sets of glasses for the "Fam.", so I should be good to go for now..

I'm already looking forward to building a "BluRay" laser and have been reading and reading up on all the different options... FlexDrive, Axziz, 18650 host (Spare SolarForce laying around here somewhere).. I'm going to wait a bit though on that.. Hopefully anyway.

Look forward to learning lots more and becoming an active member and giving back whatever tidbits of info I can.

Mike:beer:

Last edited:

Howdy and welcome to the forum :wave:
Have fun and be safe ;)
and keep that wallet handy your going to need it :crackup:

Ash

Welcome to the forums.
Just letting you know that 405nm is bluray and 445nm is true blue. The A140 diodes are 445nm and are very expensive and too high powered to do a first build with. (445nm diodes are +$45 each) (405nm diodes and 660nm [red] diodes are less than $10 each and are a good place to start)

Kevlar

Welcome to LPF!!!

Look around and use the “Search” function, it is very helpful if you’re looking for some specific information. If you don’t find what you want the first time, try different “key words”.

A good place to start is here, the “Rules & Stickies” section, pay special attention to the “Stickies”: Rules & Stickies

If you’re looking for information on how to build a laser check out the links in my sig.

Enjoy your stay!! You will find this a great community with lot of very knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful people. :beer:

Mag718

Welcome to the forums.
Just letting you know that 405nm is bluray and 445nm is true blue. The A140 diodes are 445nm and are very expensive and too high powered to do a first build with. (445nm diodes are +$45 each) (405nm diodes and 660nm [red] diodes are less than $10 each and are a good place to start)

GAH! My colors, numbers and names are all jacked up from reading so much.. Thanks for that ! I'll probably go red first since they are so inexpensive.

Welcome to LPF!!!

Look around and use the “Search” function, it is very helpful if you’re looking for some specific information. If you don’t find what you want the first time, try different “key words”.

A good place to start is here, the “Rules & Stickies” section, pay special attention to the “Stickies”: Rules & Stickies

If you’re looking for information on how to build a laser check out the links in my sig.

Enjoy your stay!! You will find this a great community with lot of very knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful people. :beer:

ALready been in the "R&S" section.. thanks though !

I'll be doing that shortly.. hopefully before the Commander in Chief gets home from work and finds something for me to do..

Kevlar

hopefully before the Commander in Chief gets home from work and finds something for me to do..

ROFL-1.gif
Ain't that the truth!!!

Howdy and welcome to the forum :wave:
Have fun and be safe ;)
and keep that wallet handy your going to need it :crackup:

All the same here, I'm sure you'll find this just as much fun as flashlight if not more!

As well.....keep that wallet up and up!....Gas, DPSS, Diode, Yag-O'My!:whistle:

Tonga

Welcome to LPF, and you are going to have fun and learn a LOT:)!! CIC military or prior?

Hum, you may be hooked but you are not a addict till you own 20-25 lasers :na:

xuen7

BEWARE LASER ADDICTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do not!!! i repeat DO NOT be trick by those friendly, helpful and disgustingly amazing builders!!! they will rip you off all your cash by tempting you with their Beautiful host with stunning light in ways you can never imagine... trust me on this. I am broke,

p.s. Moderators should take responsible for this matter and set up a donation drive for me!!!

Mag718

I may need that one day, hope I can borrow it. ;)

I'll take donations too!!!

Great bunch of guys here. So thanks again for the warm welcome. This place is great ! Be donating some $$ on payday for sure.