Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

alpha 105

my first laser was a wicked laser evolution 55mw and it was weak so i returned it......i was wanting to know if the novalasers alpha 105 mw was any good

LarryQ

Can't go wrong with Nova.....

They are some of the best lasers available!!!

The Alpha has a lot of safety features built in...

Appature shutter
Keylock
Safety dongle
3 second switch delay

Make sure these are acceptable to you....otherwise the X series may be more to your tastes!

Also...do yourself a HUGE favor, and get a pair of Laser goggles at the same time.....
you can always buy more lasers..but you only get one pair of eyes!

Plus they make using your new laser MUCH more enjoyable!!!

Oh....Welcome to the Forum...lots of good reading here..and Lots of good people!

Larry

Hey,

If you want a good laser, and probably hands down the best, then Nova is going to be hard to beat, if beatable at all.
Regardless of price, you will get what you pay for at Nova.
Just look around the forum and search for reveiws on WL, DL, Techlaser, etc, all those suposed best companies, you will find alot of stuff that will scare you clean away from them. (or at least it should!)
Story after story, test after test, it's always the same.
They appear to be a "professional" outfit, but they just aren't what they say, they are just after the all mighty $$$.
You will find out who is who real fast if you look around here.
This is an open forum and every manufacturer has been given ample chance to show off their stuff, and you won't believe what many have found out to be the truth about most all those "big" companies.
Hope this helps, search around, you will see.  ;)
Thanks,
Joenobody
[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

and if nova some how manages to mess up and give you a faulty laser (only like a 1-2% chance of that happening) they will set it right and probly give you a higher powered laser like they did me : )

and i would have to agree they are one of the best companies i have ever used
i have the alpha 125 and its a great laser i love the cap at the top never have to clean lenses again : ) the 3 second delay can be kinda anoying but you get use to it and its already saved my eye once so its paid its self off : ) (got to hate thos acident button pusshes backd with 141mw of power ready to blast your eye out)

welcome to the forums i am also new and i have this same question i dont care much about the safty things but ive heard the alpha feels more solid and stable and doesnt get warm. however the x-series is cheaper and when your 15 like me that starts to matter. so i cant really answer your question cuz i have the same one... sorry just thought id put some input on here