Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

All new photos, 589nm, 445nm and 532nm

Finally created a better beam photo range in my basement and also took some outdoor photos too! All photos taken in clear air:

DL Spartan 50mW (107mW peak) 589nm:

100mW 532nm and DL Spartan 589nm:

2+W 445nm, 100mW 532nm and DL Spartan 589nm:

DL Spartan 589nm outside (My own mini laser guide star :D):

Finally, 2+W 445nm, 100mW 532nm and the DL Spartan 589nm together outside (was holding the 445nm and 532nm in my hands which caused the distortion in those beams):

Well, hope you all enjoy these, still learning and experimenting with laser photography. I have a fog machine on the way, so I look forward to experimenting with that in photos to come. :D :beer:

Last edited:

Alex2893

wow i need a 589nm !!! thats amazing. hows the brightness compared to the 100mw green in terms of beam and dot brightness? i imagine pretty close

wow i need a 589nm !!! thats amazing. hows the brightness compared to the 100mw green in terms of beam and dot brightness? i imagine pretty close
I find it very close indeed, both being DPSS and similar power, side by side they go together nicely I think. :beer:

GSS

Oh yes add another notch to your picture taking and also answering everyones questions about that 589 beauty:beer::)

Last edited:

Pman

Nice shots. Have to spread some REP around first. I don't think I've given PED REP for moderating in awhile.
See how the 589nm looks very orange with the 532nm in the pic. When I waved my 589nm up at a lake months ago 1/2 said the color was orange. I don't agree with calling the color yellow. I think it's more golden than yellow.

Nice shots. Have to spread some REP around first. I don't think I've given PED REP for moderating in awhile.
See how the 589nm looks very orange with the 532nm in the pic. When I waved my 589nm up at a lake months ago 1/2 said the color was orange. I don't agree with calling the color yellow. I think it's more golden than yellow.
I also feel it is more golden, like yellow with a warming filter applied. I think it is beautiful just the way it is, like holding a ray of sunshine in your hand. :D

10fenny

mmmm I love my 589. too bad I left it at my dads house at thanksgiving... sigh. I just got a fog machine too doh

Re: All new photos, 589nm, 445nm and 532nm *UPDATE*

Update to add some new photos. Since we are having such a beautiful and "warm" evening here in PA and also good atmospheric conditions for some outdoor laser shots, I decided to grab the camera and the 589nm again. I wanted to try a different lens and different camera settings and use some of what I have learned from my previous photos. So here are some new outdoor shots of the 589nm:

Well again, hope you all like these new photos. Still experimenting and trying to get as much practice in as I can while it's still nice weather here. Next on my horizon I am getting my fog machine next week, so I will get to experiment with that. Also, I am definitely wanting to acquire a Dragon Lasers fan diffraction grating after seeing such awesome results with them. Really enjoying laser photography so far, it is definitely more of a challenge than what I am used to photographing. :beer:

Chicxulub

Love it!

I'd rep again if I could!

Wow! Those are some great and fascinating pics , hope to see plenty more !!!
Thanks klp! I am enjoying laser photography so far, I want to see how much better I can get. :)

Love it!

I'd rep again if I could!
Thanks Chic!

I am definitely looking forward to getting the fog machine and seeing what it is like to photograph my lasers in that way. I will be able to fill my entire basement with fog and I have total darkness with the lasers as the only light source. Should be pretty intense, can't wait to get a fan diffraction grating to go with the fog, those types of beam shots are my favorite. :D