Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Aixiz Lasers & 445 Lens Coating Mistake

Hi all.
I just wanted to make sure everyone is aware of what a great job Chuck of Aixiz is doing with the massive influx of orders for the 405-445 coated lenses.

I received a 650 coated lens by mistake. I notified Chuck and he responded promptly and offered to send out the correct lens no questions asked.
I even offered to pay for the red lens but I'm getting the blue lens at no charge... not even shipping!
I feel a little bad about taking advantage of this but I'm impressed.

Now if only Wicked had this kind of customer support (for those of you stuck in the Arctic fiasco - not me :na:)! I'm sure Chuck is swamped right now, but he sure is doing a fine job of keeping it under control and replying to e-mails in a timely manner.

I've been a customer of Aixiz for some years and will continue to shop at Aixiz. Chuck deserves some recognition. :beer:

^^^ here! here!---- well said--I am not surprized --AixiZ has always IMHO appreciated LPF and have never heard of them asking for items sent in error or doa to be returned-ever! Even when the buyer damaged the item by misuse or incorrect connections to PS.

thanks RA

thanks AixiZ

Just got 3 405-445 lenses in today. Just want to let everyone know that they're still having issues with this, and also, if you order multiple lenses, CHECK EVERY ONE.

Of the three, two were coated for red and only one had the correct coating for 405-445.

Looks to be a classic example of bin A getting accidentally dumped into bin B at the manufacturer to me. I would have thought that since they know about the problem though.. that they'd be checking the lenses they send out.

Last edited:
RA;

I am getting frustrated.

This is my second incorrect lens order.

Here is the photo today of the 5 replacement lens assemblies:
Aixiz2nd.jpg

Reflects the same Blue I am trying to pass thru these lenses !!

Chuck did send them out as free replacements, but I have been waiting a long time to test one correct lens.

Somebody at this company needs to look at the lenses they are shipping.

My orders have been mixed up in the past also.

LarryDFW

Last edited:
Ok, so now I want to check my lens that I just got. Whats the best way to tell the red from the blue lenses? What's the red and blue AR coating color look like?

Thanks,
-Brooks

I got the replacement lens from Aixiz the lens on the right should be correct, the coating is not as golden comparing to the coating on the 405-G-1 lens.
It still has a mix of light blue and light golden color.

Note the lens nut is golden color as well.

650nm lens on left and 405nm lens on right
P7230578.jpg

I got the incorrect lens and he didn't even make me send the wrong one back. So I got a red lens totally free :D

Phew, I just checked mine and its definitely the correct one. Good to know that they aren't all wrong. I got mine about 1.5months ago so maybe b/c mine was b4 the rush.

Phew, I just checked mine and its definitely the correct one. Good to know that they aren't all wrong. I got mine about 1.5months ago so maybe b/c mine was b4 the rush.

If it's that old, then it was before the current problems started happening. The new mixup seems to have happened when they had the new 405's made with coatings that work better with 445 too. Somehow, a bunch of red AR coated lenses got mixed in.

Though if you got it 1.5 months ago, it means the AR coating doesn't work as well for 445. Though it'll still be fine for 405.

The Aixiz 405nm lens look a little blue under the lamp I though they sent the wrong lens again.:thinking: Today I check again under sun light it looks golden.:umbrella:

The Aixiz 405nm lens look a little blue under the lamp I though they sent the wrong lens again.:thinking: Today I check again under sun light it looks golden.:umbrella:

When I hold the three I got up together, it looks pretty identical to the pic you posted. Two definite blue reflections, One bluish/golden. Side by side it's clear they're different.

^^^ my thoughts exactly--no offence towards AixiZ-- just sayin' looks the same- output is the same -price is the same

-sooo...quack quack

its a duck

maybe some one should take a reading with a BR with the old 405 and the new 445--on thier LPM-

- I would but my 6X BR has the lens glued in place to keep the focus here I want it.

Last edited:

Kevlar

OK, I took some pics of the lenses I have received (I'm not the best photographer) and was hoping someone could help me identify these coatings. I have a pretty good idea but just wanted to get other peoples' opinions that have had more experience with these.

Not only has there been confusion with the shipments but what also confuses me is there was the "old" 405nm AR coated lens then per Chuck at AixiZ, they got some "new" 405nm-445nm optimized AR coated lens.

So, in the two pictures below there are six lenses in each picture. The top row of three are the red AR coated lenses, I had ordered/received these about 2 months ago.
In the 2nd row going from left to right: The 1st "405nm AR coated" lens I ordered from AixiZ when they were out of stock and sent when they got their shipment in. I thought it look real similar to the "red AR coated" lens so I sent an email stating I got the wrong one so the send a replacement. The 2nd lens from the left is the replacement (which has a different color to it). And finally, the 3rd lens is the one I received from Hak.

So I based my decision that I had received the wrong ones from people here stating that the 405nm lens had a yellowish color (which Haks does). But now I'm not sure due to AixiZ got the AR coating changed for 405nm-445nm.

But it looks to me (the pictures might not show it so well) that the "red AR coated" lens is more violet. The first "405nm AR coated" lens I ordered from AixiZ has a slightly more bluish tint compared to the red lenses. The 2nd row, middle lens clearly has a different color to it than the 1st on the left in the 2nd row. And the lens I got from Hak shows a yellowish/golden color.

I'm so confused, any help?

DSCN1997.jpg

DSCN2000.jpg

Sorry, I deleted my post above because i didn't read correctly but then you (hakzaw1) posted about my comment so im retyping it...

The new mixup seems to have happened when they had the new 405's made with coatings that work better with 445 too.

These "new" lenses are just the same old 405 lens. There is no reason that they would need to use a different coating for just a 40nm gap.

Well.. the bottom middle has no notches(tiny holes instead) for one thing and the bottom right looks to have wider notches-irregardless of the obvious different tints.

the ones I got have notches on both ends but on the backs the notches are on the inner ring.

and since they come from China each pre wrapped in a 'wax' paper and rolled in fives in a tissue(kinda looked like a bag of 'joints' lol) my guess is that those getting them in lots of five or more just got them the way AixiZ did. Chuck said they sent out 350 of them this week just to catch up on orders and replacements.

BTW they look different in different lighting (sun vs Fluorescent vs Incandescent, etc)-- so don't jump to conclusions til you are sure. and also what is under the lens when you are looking at it too.

Last edited:
^^^ my thoughts exactly--no offence towards AixiZ-- just sayin' looks the same- output is the same -price is the same

-sooo...quack quack

its a duck

maybe some one should take a reading with a BR with the old 405 and the new 445--on thier LPM-

- I would but my 6X BR has the lens glued in place to keep the focus here I want it.

Hmm. Well my guess is that the 'correct' 405's they're shipping out are just the leftovers they had, and the red AR coated ones were the batch supposed to have the new coating but their manufacturer screwed up. Seems unlikely that they'd advertise a new coating only to have it proven that it was no different than the old one.. WL doing something like this I could see. I don't see what aixiz would have to gain by it though, since it'd only be a matter of time before someone with a LPM got hold of both lenses and compared them.