Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Aixiz Housing

Im in the process of making my first red laser from a DVD RW so im not 100% sure on how everything is meant to work. So far I have striped the DVD RW down to the diodes which will be removed tomorrow at work.

Quick question about aixiz housing and the lavadrive. Do I fit the diode inside the housing and then attach the driver and fit that inside the rest of the housing?

yes you can fit that inside your module and then have the wires coming out the back hole.

thesk8nmidget said:
yes you can fit that inside your module and then have the wires coming out the back hole.

and this will fit into any kind of housing I wish? Perhaps the sonar housing or a host on DX?

you will need to fit the module into a heat sink or make your own out of washers.

then the heat sink and module will slide into your host

jayrob sells a great heat sink that i highly suggest using!

thesk8nmidget said:
you will need to fit the module into a heat sink or make your own out of washers.

then the heat sink and module will slide into your host

Hmm I will probably use a host from DX, the one in the tutorial over in the tutorials forum.

thesk8nmidget said:

Thats what I decided on also, I was working with alternate host ideas & its a lot of hassle.
I'll copy whats proven to work for now & discover a new idea latter.

moond0ggie said:
[quote author=thesk8nmidget link=1219265069/0#3 date=1219268177]

Thats what I decided on also, I was working with alternate host ideas & its a lot of hassle.
I'll copy whats proven to work for now & discover a new idea latter.[/quote]

Will go with that then :)

It fits in a DX host right? I may spray the host silver instead of keeping it black.

Ace82

He Lamborgini8, good luck with your projects! I just wanted to give my support, and you can click "see" on my sig and see one of my threads where I built both a burner 650 and a 405. Not sure if that will help, but I respect those who take the initiative to build their own. ;)

good luck lambo. Jayrob's 'pocket pal' tutorial should be pretty easy to follow, feel free to ask questions if you need help.

-Kendall

the pocket pal is a fun build it my most common build. its a pretty tight fit though. it may be better to start off with something that has a little more room such as the first dx host linked on this page. it makes for a more comfortable fit IMO

thesk8nmidget said:
the pocket pal is a fun build it my most common build. its a pretty tight fit though. it may be better to start off with something that has a little more room such as the first dx host linked on this page. it makes for a more comfortable fit IMO

Im looking to build one that will be easy yet still have a few tricky parts and still give out good results.

The pocket pal is more like that, plus I like the way they look... and I already bought two hosts.