Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Afternoon From Sunny UK :)

Spooky

Just noticed the bit about introductions so please forgive me for not posting before :)

Well my names David (Dave, Oi, etc also works)
I'm 47 (going on 18) and am the boss bloke of a laser cutting company,
Laserwise I have diodes that are used for alignment on the bigger machines but on the whole the lasers I have vary between 50watt DPSS YAG's and 5.5Kw Mitsubishi self feeders and flatbeds. I also have a nice array of Chinese made cutters and am looking to buy a couple of Fiber machines in the next month or so.

Location wise I live and work in Salisbury (Stonehenge seems to be the most recognisable local landmark)

I find pointers and general low power lasers interesting and think there may be a fair few undiscovered uses for them that are waiting for somebody to design.

Dats about it really :)

best wishes

Dave

norbyx

Welcome to the forum. Be safe with lasers, and have a nice time here>..:)

IsaacT

Welcome aboard friend! Show us some pics of your setup :) be sure to read the stickies and have fun!

KapHn8d

Howdy, Dave! Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your time here... there are some good folks around to know. Be safe and have fun!

Cheers!

grainde

Welcome to the forum. Be safe with lasers, and have a nice time here>..:)
Hmm he's the 47 year old boss of a UK based laser cutting company dealing with KW lasers...Im sure he knows a thing or two about laser safety...:wtf:

Anyway welcome. There are a few threads about high power diodes if thats what interests you? The current, most powerful diode people are considering trying to put in a handheld is a 5 W 650. Next up are the blues at anything between 2 - 3 W. Otherwise there are a few much lower powered, but very nice single mode diodes available.

Enjoy your stay :beer:

Edit: Thought it was raining over there? ;)

Last edited:

Spooky

It's binning down here :( has been all day, yesterday was great but it's aweful today (and I'm still at work which makes it worse) :(

best wishes

Dave