Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Advice on this heatsink

Ok so i salvaged a heatsink out of an old computer, and i just want your advice/reactions and how you think it would perform. Im using this for a lab 1 watt 445nm laser.

edit: also do you think it would absorb a lot of heat? Could it increase the duty cycles substantially?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    322.2 KB · Views: 102
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    371.4 KB · Views: 106
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    373.4 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:

lol i like the ones in the background better! ;) looks like a nice sink though.. plenty of fins for good heat dissipation..

heh yeah i bought a lot of stuff from your site very quick shipping + quality.
Would i just bond the module to the sink with thermal epoxy used for bonding cpu chips to heatsinks?

Looks like you drilled out the hole too large. You are better off with a pressfit into the heatsink adding a bit of acrtic silver.

But if you can't do that (like now) it will be hard to get a setscrew in there to 1, hold it in the heatsink and 2, keep a constant contact point between heatsink and module. Try look for a point of enterance, other wise you might have to start over (I would... but that's just me. No offense).

Last edited: