Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Advice on Buying 100-150mw labby

Hodad

I'm looking for suggestions as to where I should take a chance on getting a green 100 to 150mw lab style.  I'm considering aixiz, or snoctony on ebay.  I can't spend more than about $250 right now.  

I'm feeling kind of rushed to get one as I fear more vendors may begin to fall to the paypal/fda "axe" (like dx).

Anyone have thoughts.  :-/

(sorry if their is a better place to post this or if the info I seek is already posted, but I've searched until my eyes are crossed and can't find it)

Thanks in advance,
Tony

Personally, I got my labby from newstarlaser and fount it to be a very nice unit :) Averaging very stably, very solid construction, and not too expensive. 100mW unit (which I had averaging 140mW) was $165 USD I'm fairly sure.

Plus their support is good :)

But don't just take my word for it, get some opinions on all your parties you're considering before making the final choice :)

if you are willing to spend a little extra laser wave offers 100mw 532nm and also 200mw greens.

laser wave is a very reputable company and their lasers always leave 10-20% over spec.

noob question .. whats the difference between one of these 'lab spec' lasers and buying for example a 150mw pointer?

quality of the 'diode/crystal' ? ability to take generate higher output ?

lab lasers will not have a duty cycle

which means you can keep them on for hours upon hours and not over heat.

hand helds usually get unstable after a little bit of time and you have to turn them off and let them cool.

also lab style lasers have modulation so you can make projections with them and blank them and adjust the power to mix colors.

handhelds usually will not have this.

also lab style lasers are usually a little better quality and put together better, since you get a lot more room to arrange the crystals and make everything align just right!

I got one of the "50mw" $70 dallar aizix ones that are posted about in the green section. People are easily putting out 100mw with these and I have turned mine way up past the 50mw setting and it works flawlessly with no heating and has very little divergence at all (and of course no mode hopping cause that is total crap) .

I have not even turned it up all the way and I think it could do anything I have in mind. Easly travels miles.
And for $70 you cant go wrong. Also the one they sent me is a little different from the picture but you could bolt the powersupply and laser module to a metal sheet for additional cooling but I find that none will ever be needed.