Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

adding leds along wih laser

Zak

Hi

I am going to do my first build and i would like to add some leds on my host. I have made a circuit that i am going to use. I am sure it is ok but if you think i have missed something let me know.

The laser diode driver i am using is the 1.8A lazeerer diode driver.
I have calculated the current across the leds to be 17mA each. so overall adding the leds to my circuit should not affect the laser diodes operation right?

my power supply is two 3.7V cells in series.

Attachments

• circuit.png
    circuit.png
    44.3 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:

Hi, Zak, and welcome to the forums!!!

Your schematic is correct, you are going to light the leds using a switch, right? Or will you leave those on all the time?

Play safe!

Zak

Hi Leodahsan

Thanks for the reply. I am intending on using a switch. I know that adding a switch will reduce the optical power of the laser diode by 10-15%. I was thinking about using a pressue pad switch like:

Google Image Result for http://d13z1xw8270sfc.cloudfront.net/origin/58770/photo_2.jpg

or maybe a switch like:
http://www.stealthvape.co.uk/electronic-cigarette-mod-parts/ecig-mod-parts-momentary-switches/12mm-illuminated-vandal-proof-blue

I dont want the switch to reduce the optical power by alot but then again i dont have a power meter to trial each switch so i guess i will just have to go with one that looks good.

Last edited:
Hi Leodahsan

Thanks for the reply. I am intending on using a switch. I know that adding a switch will reduce the optical power of the laser diode by 10-15%.

dafuq-25770.jpg

No, its because THAT particular switch has electronics inside, and will lower the power input to the driver, hence lowering the diode output... It is not every switch that will do that. Many just have resistance (low) but in most time it is negligible.