Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Adding analog to a TTL laser?

Hey everyone... I posted this over at PL but I figure I should post it here as well...

I recently made a thread showing off my new 100mW 473nm laser, which will be the blue laser in my new rgb scanner project. This laser seems to only have TTL blanking. Would it be even remotely possible to incorporate anaglog modulation to this laser, or would it be more trouble than it's worth?

Also, assuming that analog will NOT be a possibility, can I run this laser using TTL and the other two lasers in the projector using analog? Will this make things look 'funky'?

Lastly, does anyone have any videos of an RGB scanner which only uses TTL blanking? I just want to get an idea of what is 'possible' with such limited colors.

GooeyGus said:
assuming that analog will NOT be a possibility, can I run this laser using TTL and the other two lasers in the projector using analog? Will this make things look 'funky'?

Not if your graphics include only 7 colors (Red green blue yellow cyan purple and white). Perhaps different shades of yellow/orange will look fine as well. Even if you try to screw it up, you'd have to be looking for it to notice it.