Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

ACEBEAM Wide Spectrum BLOS (Beyond-Line-of-Sight) Searchlight VS Other Laser Light

Technically, they are. I did several experiments a few years ago with fluorescent materials excited by a laser and measured the output with my spectrometer. The outputs were FAR from coherent light and had a basic output similar to LEDs, but much wider.
I know it's a bit of a stretch.

Paul is correct, it's not a laser.
They call it a white laser light for marketing and it employs a laser but it's simply not a white laser.

Encap

The title of this thread kept me away as it is NOT a white laser! As for long throwing flashlights, I suppose it could be useful there, but they shouldn't claim it as a laser.

Nice beam photo but... exactly right Paul, same here.
Is just a very expensive small niche market long throw/narrow beam LEP flashlight.
Nicely done special purpose laser driven phosphor converted white light flashlight product but it is not a "laser".
Actually, calling it "white laser light" is a disservice to the company and the product because the deceptive marketing terminology will turn off/chase away many people that might become customers/buyers otherwise.

The photo IS NOT "white laser light" by any stretch of the imagination nor is the product a "white laser".
Is just a phosphor light source excited by a laser diode housed in a conventional flashlight host configuration.
Similar technology to Wicked Lasers Phosforce first marketed in 2013

Nobody on LPF is going to believe the photo is "white laser light". Is a preposterous bad joke and very deceptive/misleading.
Could easily be called what it really is--a laser-driven phosphor-converted white light source flashlight beam.
Most everyone on LPF knows those flashlights are not "white lasers" in the real world.
They are white lasers only in marketer's/marketeer's daydream/imagined/imaginary world.

USA Definition: false advertising: : the crime or tort of publishing, broadcasting, or otherwise publicly distributing an advertisement that contains an untrue, misleading, or deceptive representation or statement which was made knowingly or recklessly and with the intent to promote the sale of property, goods, or services to the public.
They are a Chinese company but even in China these days they now have a relatively strict advertising laws .
China adopted a new advertising laws in September 2015 which impose stricter controls on advertisers wanting to promote their goods or services within the People’s Republic. The Advertising Law prohibits false or misleading content. Among other sanctions possible for violations are fines of 200,000RMB to 1,000,000RMB.

Paul is correct, it's not a laser.
They call it a white laser light for marketing and it employs a laser but it's simply not a white laser.

Exactly.
Calling it a white laser light is just a misleading deceptive marketing/promotion program employed to market expensive flashlights to people who don't know any better, attract attention, and generate sales $s.
They know that the product is not a white laser and does not emit white laser light i.e. that the product does not produce coherent white laser light.

It is no more a white laser than the 2013 Wicked Lasers Phosforce was a white laser which is similar technology.
As bad as WL was with dozens of deceptive marketing lies/bogus claims ---even WL did not and still do not call Phosforce, which they claim produces 500 lumens of white light, "white laser light" See: https://www.wickedlasers.com/phosforce
See LPF review of same here: https://laserpointerforums.com/thre...hosforce-laser-to-flashlight-converter.82480/

Last edited:
W30 4000K from our end user

65304601_453744715423141_999932828198109184_n.jpg

65185127_453744768756469_4772726624644759552_o.jpg

Sure has most of the appearance of a expanded laser beam, just not the divergence. Also nice color :) Free samples accepted, I might buy one later, although free is better.

When the Chinese are cranking then out for 79.95 I will buy one, maybe bigger than 500 lumens.
Don't get me wrong, I like it, but just like many flashlights I have bought the expensive name units as Christmas gifts and the knockoff Chinese units for myself and although the Chinese do exaggerate specs you can also get a great deal, hell these are likely made in China so it's just a matter of time before we will see a Chinese unit at a fraction of the price.

I don't need the battery or charger anyway, maybe Acebeam could offer a flashlight only deal....maybe a discount for LPF ???

Yep, it's a nice flashlight. I've yet to see a Chinese knock-off which has the quality of the original, but if the price is right, maybe I'm good with it anyway. I do like the flashlight, the "laser" designator is purely marketing though, it doesn't have any coherence.

Those are very interesting, but it chaps me when I see sellers advertising it as a laser beam, citing how it is classified as a laser by the FDA when that isn't due to the output having coherent light, but instead due to the laser assembly buried deep inside. Still, impressive throw, looks awesome to me. However, keep touting them as laser flashlights and when someone gets into trouble with them someday, which they will, then those will be the units regulated just like any other laser, even if they don't really emit coherent laser light.

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Technically this is a class 1 laser product, as despite it containing a class 4 laser. The laser itself is contained with no possibility under normal usage for an individual to be exposed to the initial laser radiation. Therefore it would be perfectly legal under all jurisdictions.

I meant, even though the output power is completely legal, if they keep calling it a laser flashlight and the intensity harms someone, new regulations might bulk them in with pointers.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I agree, they should lay off the laser flashlight theme. Yes the flashlight does use a laser, but the output is not. Therefore, you don't want to put them in the same category almost as portable lasers.

I can imagine it now, some kid flash blinds someone on the road causing someone to die, then the news reports it as a laser flashlight which is legally being sold in the USA, then come the regulations for that kind of flashlight placing it in it's own category with restrictions for only law enforcement use

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Yes, indeed. Scary to think that even flashlights could end up being restricted if they don't meet certain criteria. Frustrating, as it only takes a few people out of an entire population to misuse something, and we then restrict everyone's usage.

That AceBeam W30 is wicked tight for a non-coherent beam, it's amazing. I wouldn't want to see that happen for this technology. Human beings are sometimes so in your business law happy I wouldn't be surprised, lasers which are bright enough to flash blind (a Dazzler made for that use) are restricted to law enforcement, this flashlight surely is just as capable to do that too, fortunately, not coherent light from a small emitter which can cause permanent damage more easily. That said, defensive flashlights have been on the market for years to flash blind an assailant, so nothing new in regard to that, only the name laser flashlight I see as a potential issue if someone gets hurt driving when hit by it, or something like that.

Last edited:
Yes, indeed. Scary to think that even flashlights could end up being restricted if they don't meet certain criteria. Frustrating, as it only takes a few people out of an entire population to misuse something, and we then restrict everyone's usage.

Thanks for your reminder, we have noted on our website:

Please note:
DO NOT focus on other people, do not aim on mirrors or other reflective surfaces, do not aim on aircrafts or other moving vehicles. Keep out of reach of Children.
Warning: This flashlight W30 uses high efficienty LEP modules with a power 12W. W30 4000K is certified by FDA, CE and RoHS; W30 6500K and CRI are classified as Class 3B lasers. Please use the flashlight according to the laws and regulations of your country.
LEP Flashlights, Rechargeable batteries, battery chargers, bike mounts, filters, remote pressure switches and lanterns with built-in batteries are warranted for a period of one year (12 months) from date of purchase.