Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

aaa Battery

Hi, guys

I have a viper 75mW, but I think it's underpowered because the batteries... I've used 2x Duracell rechargeable 800mAh.

Which battery you are used to use?

[]'s

I will buy them!! also I wanna buy a pack of Lithium aaa battery. Is it a good idea? Lithium Battery?

iFoSh

Lithium batteries have over double the output per battery so unless you have a laser for that specifically, I'd say you don't need them...

Lithium batteries have over double the output per battery so unless you have a laser for that specifically, I'd say you don't need them...

Not true.

Lithium primaries can have an unloaded voltage of up to 1.7V. New Alkaline batteries are usually around 1.5V per cell.
Fully charged NiMH batteries are usually around 1.3-1.4V per cell when freshly charged.
Rechargeable Lithium batteries are usually 3.7-4.2V per cell, but those are not suitable for 2x AAA pointers at all.

I use Sanyo 1000mAh NiMH from Batteryjunction.com.
They are the best AAA batteries for high drain devices.
Eneloops are also a brand of Sanyo. They are good batteries but they are designed for long shelf-life rather than high capacity.

Last edited:

anselm

He might be talking lithium primaries (non-rechargeable).
Due to their higher voltage of ~1.7V, some have reported boost in brightness
in some green pointers.
They also seem to last longer than alkalines.
Disadvantage: price.

Bobby

I use Sanyo 1000mAh NiMH from Batteryjunction.com.
They are the best AAA batteries for high drain devices.
Eneloops are also a brand of Sanyo. They are good batteries but they are designed for long shelf-life rather than high capacity.
What charger do you use for the Sanyo AAA's?

Arshus

for NiMH, I use a MAHA C9000, The lithium primaries may burn out your laser, so be careful, but other wise they will give the most juice.

Also, if you have access to a Costco, buy your eneloops there. They are selling the 2nd Generation eneloops for cheap: I think its $25 for 8 AA's, 4 AAA's + the standard Sanyo charger, which you can use an an interim charger until you get a better one.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=287231&page=1

Last edited: