Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

A whole new level of idiot

Eku

Thats when your born they should run you through a complete and utter idiot sensor and that person proberly would turned up postive.

DTMF

LOL my coment's to his video's where so FTW he deleted them and didn't even respond to them .

M

mr.lazo

What a twat.

Thanks to irresponsible little sh!ts like that, anyone else who uses a laser in public is automatically assumed to be a danger.

Why is it that there are always a few jerk-offs that give responsible hobbyists a bad name?
Whether it's the insufferable moron who insists on leaving his [insert dangerous device] collection where his kids can get at them, or schmucks like this guy who get off on using their own potentially dangerous items without any thought to the safety of others, there's always a very visible minority that ruins it for everyone else.

--end of rant--

[highlight]Why is it that there are always a few jerk-offs that give responsible hobbyists a bad name? [/highlight]
Because some are "A whole new level of idiot"

Enough said.

FLAG the videos. "Harmful or Dangerous acts"

I guess the person in that second video can kiss the CCD in that thing goodbye

larrball said:

That is f'ed up beyond belief. He holds it RIGHT ON those people at point blank range. I actually feel angry watching that video. A beam like that seems completely normal in a nightclub environment. Those poor folks have no idea the damage it's doing.

I am so tempted to report this to the police. I bet Google would give up his IP address for sure given the circumstances. I wonder if there's anyone I could report it to...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 8382

that's not 200mW, the laser go intothe camera many times, plus in both videos he shines it into everyone's face, if that was 200mW then the people around is idiot, even I dont know nothing aobut lasers, a guy comes shines a bright green beam in mey eye and then i cant see nothing and I use to other eye to seek and destroy -.-

ixfd64

That looks extremely unsafe. ::) I'll admit I do take my laser to dances, but I always point it downwards, and that's only if the floor isn't reflective.

D

Deleted member 8382

ixfd64 said:
That looks extremely unsafe. ::) I'll admit I do take my laser to dances, but I always point it downwards, and that's only if the floor isn't reflective.

What power? When you g to dances i asume you drink, and when you drink you do not have control, I would never take anything over 5mW to a disco

Gendo

I think what this guy did in these videos would be dangerous with a 50mw laser, let alone a 200mw one.

It's definately irresponsible to be pointing it right at people, and at reflective objects in those rooms.

Benm

I wonder how come security didn't beat him senseless.

Why would you assume a bouncer would have the faintest idea this could be dangerous?

Without any knowledge, i'd be easy to think that this laser is about as bright as the show already installed (that seems to scan the audience here as well), so it shouldn't be dangerous.

Here we know about divergence, scanning speed and what not, but i doubt the average disco bouncer thug could even grasp those concepts.

We have a new idiot

So. Check this out.
It's a video of a guy shining a 2watt IR laser around a big city (Tokyo?) lighting up apartment rooms, and flashing signs and cars.
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNzcxODAyNDA
WTF? How many people did this guy flash with IR (808nm) and they didn't even know it? I wonder if he caused permanent damage to some unsuspecting unfortunate people. Is this an example of laser irresponsibility?

Thank's to ash for this find. :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 8382

oh for god that's the worse video I ever saw. I'm now afraid somone is pointing me right now with a IR and I do not know. i should have not seen that, how to sleep now xd

Benm

It is a very irresponsible thing to do, especially what he is doing close range on the street.

When he shines at the other tall buildings, it's not as dangerous since the divergence looks like it is so big, the beam is over a foot in diameter when hitting the windows. 2 watts at a foot wide is about as bad as 2 mW a centimeter wide, about the edge on what is generally considered safe.

If IR is more dangrous is general is hard to say. Visible light attrackts attention and makes people look directly at the source making chances of injury greater, but it also triggers the blink relects offering some protection.

Chances are that all of us are exposed to IR laser beams once in a while though - they find application in things like rangefinders, but also laser guns the police use to write speeding tickets. Especially the latter tend to point you straight in the face.

Benm

I dont think the flagging features on video sites are ment to comment on stupidity or dangerous behaviour though.

I suppose the best thing to do is to leave the evidence there, but deter other people from pulling the same stunts - by comments perhaps.