Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

A test load

Richo

hello,

I was just wondering if anyone can send me a circuit diagram of a 1 ohm test load (or something that would give me round 1mV:1mA) that would be great!
I'm building my first laser (PHR-803T) and i rushed in way to quick and didn't buy a test load (dumb, i know). I've been trolling LPF, doing research and found out i NEED 1 (d'oh!)
I was going to pop down to the local electrical store and buy a few things and while i'm there i can pick up the stuff for the test load.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
thanks!

Richo

Also, I would like a bit of help with the soldering aspect so if anyone can refer me to a good guide that would be great!!

Last edited:

Go to the laser driver page of my website for a test load diagram and instructions for use.

Go to my soldering page to learn how to solder.

Link below.

Regards rog8811

Or barring that, use the forum's search feature. There are so many threads dedicated to the subject.

Richo

Go to the laser driver page of my website for a test load diagram and instructions for use.

Go to my soldering page to learn how to solder.

Link below.

Regards rog8811

Thanks rog8811
Your website will help me alot in this hobby and i will be sure to practise my soldering within the next couple of days.
I just recieved (literally) my Micro-Drive v3 and its TINY! I didn't realise how small it would be so i will study your guide and become a master of the iron! :p