Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

A neat idea: Need your help forum!

So here's my deal.

I'm selling a server that I own and for it I'm getting around 800$ CND.

At the same time, I REALLY want to get a nice powerful 532nm laser with IR, and some safety goggles.

Here's where I need your help forum.

I want to take that 800$ and buy a 532nm green laser that YOU folks suggest I buy. I will then o a complete review *as much as I can without a LPM, though I hope to get one very soon* I will suggest specifics about what I want: I'm not going to just drop 800$ on a laser without at least considering it first.

Anyway, that being said, this is my idea.

Here's my criteria though:

1 - It has to be green.
2 - It has to be IR filtered.
3 - It has to be a portable flashlight host (PLC type style), or similar
4 - It has to be at least 400mW
5 - I retain the right to veto if I disagree with the final choice (based off of vote, though the likelyhood that I'll disagree is VERY slim)

That's basically it really. I want to see what lasers you folks decide for me to buy. Why green? Because it's easily my favorite. I like the beam/dot profile, I like that it's pretty much the most visible laser. I also LOVE the "wow" factor when using it.

I'm already going to veto a couple of things:

DX, PriceAngels, etc. etc. are *OUT*. I know the quality and I'm not going to get a laser from these places.

Otherwise I'm pretty much game for whatever.

Show me a greenie that's worth it's price, (Even used - doesn't exactly have to be new) and I'll buy it, review it, and put way too much information about it on the forum here :)

Have you seen my review?
I sold this laser a few months back:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/400mw-pgl-iii-c-updated-re-review-new-photo-video-44458.html

A video and an LPM test of the laser hitting >800mW:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/sold-ra_pierces-pgl-iii-c-532nm-600mw-beam-expander-58436.html

Another option worth consideration is the Jetlasers PL-C. reginak got one that peaked around 1200mW. I still have no idea how that happens.

However, your mileage may vary. Not all lasers are created equal.

Last edited:

Arshus

Daaaamn.

on a side note, RA_pierce's taste in music is excellent.

Last edited:
It would be nice if you bought yourself an LPM which you'll never regret, btw. Then when you buy your 532 you'll be able to include output specs in your massive review.

Arshus

An LPM is money well spent. Its soo useful for the hobby.

-Sal

I already have the money put aside for a LPM, just waiting for it to come in stock, is all :)

Great suggestions for the lasers so far! Keep 'em coming!

rhd

I may have to toss you a few of my laser to measure once you do!

I have looked at their 450mw version for a while now... Problem is that I am worried about the quality. Not that o-like has done me wrong in the past, but shipping with them on my last order took 44 days to get to me. I can pay more for the faster shipping of course, however I also already have a laser just like that one as well and the quality isn't up to spec in terms of what I paid for it.

That being said, I'm open to the idea, but so far it's a toss up between jet lasers and CNI.

I may have to toss you a few of my laser to measure once you do!

You got it man :)

Just toss gently lol

Last edited:
I'm definitely open to those as well, but the prices are significantly higher... for 825$ you can get a 300mW? Seems a LITTLE extreme though I also know Optotronics has amazing products too. I'll leave it up to the forum still, but one of my requirements was that it was over 400mW for under 850$ which I don't think is too unreasonable.

I just don't know why Opto has such a higher price than say... CNI.

I'm definitely open to those as well, but the prices are significantly higher... for 825$ you can get a 300mW? Seems a LITTLE extreme though I also know Optotronics has amazing products too. I'll leave it up to the forum still, but one of my requirements was that it was over 400mW for under 850$ which I don't think is too unreasonable.

I just don't know why Opto has such a higher price than say... CNI.

That is because Opto is a distrubutor and CNI is a manufacturer.

Opto sells products manufactured to a higher standard by Viasho.
The relationship is the same as LaserGlow and CNI.
Both LaserGlow and Opto have some of the best portable lasers on the market since and the price reflects that.

Viasho and CNI's prices are lower since buying from them cuts out the middle man. However, it also cuts out the stringent quality control and special manufacturing that you get when you buy from Opto or LG.

Not that Viasho and CNI laser are poor by any means, but you get the point. You pay less for the "regular" stuff. CNI is good to its customer's though, and I have had nothing but good experiences with them. There are others that can say otherwise, but I suppose those kinds of things happen even to companies with a good reputation.

Opto = Viasho
Laserglow = CNI

Also, shipping direct from CNI will be ~$80 since it is a high value item from overseas. You may want to figure that into your budget.

Last edited: