Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

A lot of things can be said of the Arctic...

Trevor

...and not all of them are good. But my, is it photogenic. :D

DSC_1636.JPG

WL CGI team: Your move! :p

-Trevor

jakeGT

I do love the host of the arctic, we are holding a group buy from Pontiacg5 who is going to make us some CNC machined arctic hosts if you or anyone else is interested.

rvrh3

I do love the host of the arctic, we are holding a group buy from Pontiacg5 who is going to make us some CNC machined arctic hosts if you or anyone else is interested.

Im interested, PM me more details please?

I have yet to come across any threads talking about the modification abilities of these lasers. It would be stupid easy for them to run at 2W heat sinking wise if they are built with decent diodes. That would make them much more attractive given their size inconvenience.

-Scott

jakeGT

It's not the size of the ship, it's the motion of the ocean. Which in laser talk translates to

It's not the size of the host, it's the heatsinking and the driver current.

Helios

I am a fan of the look...but the negative stigma is quite over powering

I have yet to come across any threads talking about the modification abilities of these lasers. It would be stupid easy for them to run at 2W heat sinking wise if they are built with decent diodes. That would make them much more attractive given their size inconvenience.

-Scott

No one talks about modifying them because if they have the know how to modify one they wouldnt bother buying one. Why spend $300 on a laser and then modify it to 2W when you could just build a better laser at 2W for under $200?

ped

^^ Because people like the host.

Too big for me though, that said , if one came along cheap, id have it, rip it to bits, and build it properly!

Tonga

I wish someone could make a mini arctic, about the size of the classic 18650 aurora host.

Yeah, I like my Arctic a lot and would buy another, but I've also thought it would be reeaallll coooolll to have one just a bit smaller.

May have to ask Pontiac if he could CNC the Arctic in the size of the Aurora 18650.

Tonga

Buy the way I removed the warning label from mines I didn't like it screwing up the aesthetics of my Arctic Beast! But I would still like to see this in a smaller version with just as much power!