Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

A little idea

There are so many drives with various diodes in, why dont we create a database of what we find:

I dont mind to do this if you'll add the data.

We can put there:

Diode
Wavelength
Best Lens to use
Drive, model, manufacture year
Link to test results
maybe even notes on harvesting.

Or any other desired fields.

Andy

There is a diode compilation thread that has alot of stuff you mentioned in it. just search diode compilation.

I am sure in part it already exists in some fashion but it takes ages to find based on searches as there's so many pages of data and not one single obvious source, from what I saw these days its kinda scattered all over the place.

A database could have a common link on LPF where everyone can find it easier and add to it easier, something realy simple that you enter say 8X and it lists all the 8X drives and also which diodes you can expect inside, that also cross reference to lenses or other parts to make pointers. Or enter a type of diode and it will result all the drives that contat that diode.

If you type in "diode compilation" the first three items listed are that thread. It's definetly not complete though. Like I said go find the info and message niko to add it. If people find it useful enough it will get stickied, and that will be your "common link". It'll be a lot easier to add to that one than start a whole new one.