Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

A little help with my party please !

jimdt7

I am prepairing for a big party in my house,
and i want to put some laser effects that dont cost a lot.
So i would like some advices

Jim

Last edited:

you could get one of those laser star projectors with the diffraction gratings and shoot it at the ceiling.. They are generally considered pretty safe to use and their under $100... If you order from DX or the like you can grab them for like $40-50.

jimdt7

you could get one of those laser star projectors with the diffraction gratings and shoot it at the ceiling.. They are generally considered pretty safe to use and their under $100... If you order from DX or the like you can grab them for like $40-50.

Yes, but i dont know if these will excite my guests :wave:
Can you give me some links pls

Jim

Last edited:
Yes, but i dont know if these will excite my guests :wave:
Can you give me some links pls

Jim

If it doesn't than lasers probably aren't your thing...

50mW Green + 100mW Red Laser Light Show Special Effects Stage Projector (110V~240V AC) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

12-LED 50mW Green + 100mW Red Laser Stars Light Show Special Effects Stage Projector (110V~240V AC) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

I Have this one:
50mW Green + 100mW Red Laser Stage Lighting Projector with IR Remote + Tripod (100V~240V AC) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

I mean you could make a spyro or liquid sky or something but I don't think that's really any more exciting than a star field projector and more dangerous...
If you want to get into real projection there's no really super cheap way to do it and it's hard to keep it safe...

Also a fog machine really jazzes up a party...

jimdt7

Thanks for the links !
But i dont like DX very much i have ordered 2 times and both packages didnt have what i ordered and it was pain in the ass to take a full refund. I prefer Dinodirect anyway.

Jim

Thanks for the links !
But i dont like DX very much i have ordered 2 times and both packages didnt have what i ordered and it was pain in the ass to take a full refund. I prefer Dinodirect anyway.

Jim

I am sure Dino has the same things...(I ordered a lot of crap form DX and never had a problem with it)
I don't think they have Spencer's Gifts in Greece otherwise you could pick one up locally..

Just search Dino for "laser light show" or "laser star" and you will find the same things there.. Dino has made it a huge pita to post links so I am not going to bother.

EDIT: If you don't mind spending around $200 you can get a simple laser show system (red green yellow) with sound activation.. or if you want to spend closer to $300 you can get a full RGB system... I am not sure how much you are looking to spend...

Last edited:

jimdt7

I have 250$ to spend for x-mas. But i dont think i want so spend them all to laser projectors. I am planning on building some pocket builds.

Jim

I have 250$ to spend for x-mas. But i dont think i want so spend them all to laser projectors. I am planning on building some pocket builds.

Jim

Best bang for your buck is probably a mini star projector and a little fog machine.. People are very impressed with the huge colorful moving star field and other effects it makes.

One of these is an option too but I can tell you from experience they get boring fast:
Mini animation and beam laser show dual mode with sky effect | eBay

I had something similar to that in Red / Green... They are actually pretty nice and quite cool... I sold it because I got a fancier RGB unit... You have to make sure that no one gets that in their eyes because the full power of the beam scans around the room and it's probably not moving fast enough to be 100% eye safe.. I don't think you will be disappointed with it though and it will have more effects than one of those grating projectors.

jimdt7

Best bang for your buck is probably a mini star projector and a little fog machine.. People are very impressed with the huge colorful moving star field and other effects it makes.

One of these is an option too but I can tell you from experience they get boring fast:
Mini animation and beam laser show dual mode with sky effect | eBay

I have a scanic fog machine which is very good :D

I had something similar to that in Red / Green... They are actually pretty nice and quite cool... I sold it because I got a fancier RGB unit... You have to make sure that no one gets that in their eyes because the full power of the beam scans around the room and it's probably not moving fast enough to be 100% eye safe.. I don't think you will be disappointed with it though and it will have more effects than one of those grating projectors.

I will probably buy this one but i have one question.
On this picture: http://p.lefux.com/61/20111008/A0879000YL/InsetImage/2011090911272024.jpg
You see 2 big inputs. Whats their purpose ?

Jim

Watch out for your guests' eyes if you get a projector-type laser device. They're pretty powerful. I got this one, and while it has some idiotic looking patterns, it will probably be cool.

jimdt7

I think i have read somewhere that you can use your projector with a program to make it look like a laser show.
Do you know anything about it ?

Jim

One input is power, the other is DMX. The other round port is DMX out.
DMX is a lighting control protocol and let's you control some aspects of the projection. You will need a DMX controller and an XLR cable (mic cable) to use it... That starts around $60-$70... The other thing you are talking about is ILDA and that unit doesn't support it nor is it fast enough to show graphics.