Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

A house for your laser...

I like many of you have more than one laser. Trouble is where to put them? When I bought my EnVee from LO Gary told me they were out of the cases they ship them with and he discounted the price $10. So does anyone know of some sweet cases like the kind Nova ships with? What do you do with your lasers?

-Tony

jwc

I keep them in a desk drawer. Now that I have access to a hobby shop, maybe I'll create a nice wooden case for them or something like that. *adds to list of potential projects*

Northstar Cigar Case.
Waterproof, crushproof and humidity controlled $18 bucks. -Can hold 5 lasers.
http://www.northstarcases.com/products-Cigar+Humidors.aspx
X5-2.jpg

Though I usually always keep one in my pocket. -It makes people think I'm happy to see them.

I only have 4, but have a BR in the post, and I keep them all in a small black leather case that is lockable.

I am keeping mine in the boxes they came with...
Maybe I´ll get this nice cigar Box ( BTW Nice idea SuicideKing)

Great idea SuicideKing!

Here's my laser storage unit:

-Mark

Attachments

• PICT0193.JPG
    PICT0193.JPG
    115.2 KB · Views: 186
Lol! I'm in the process of looking at some Pelican cases they have some nice ones.

BTW Rocketparrotlet if your editing your pics with MS Paint. There is a small blue box at the bottom right corner that you can drag to get rid of all the white space. ;)

Xplorer877 said:
Lol! I'm in the process of looking at some Pelican cases they have some nice ones.

BTW Rocketparrotlet if your editing your pics with MS Paint. There is a small blue box at the bottom right corner that you can drag to get rid of all the white space. ;)

Thanks! I have Photoshop 6.0, but I'm too lazy to learn how to use it.

-Mark

You got it right Echodelta;
Cigar cases are great, not just for the molded padding that fit the pointers, but you can control the humidity.
If you're actually carrying cigars, you want a humid environment, but with electronics, you want the opposite.

Cigar cases have a special compartment where you can store a humidity control agent.
To keep the environment dry, you'd use either silica granules (if you want to go fancy) or just corn starch (if you want to go cheap but works great).

This can be especially important, if you store them for an extended period (more than two weeks) in a sealed container.

Tip of the day:
Anytime your household buys anything that comes with that little paper pack of silica (for some reason, it always has "Do Not Eat" printed on it), SAVE them. Keep them in a shoe box somewhere and use a couple of them whenever you store or ship sensitive electronics.

SuicideKing said:
Northstar Cigar Case.
Waterproof, crushproof and humidity controlled $18 bucks. -Can hold 5 lasers.
http://www.northstarcases.com/products-Cigar+Humidors.aspx
X5-2.jpg

Though I usually always keep one in my pocket. -It makes people think I'm happy to see them.
I have one of these that I use for cigars and it would be great for pointers. Though I think you'll only fit 5 pen style pointers in it. With MXDL style hosts 3 or 4 is more likely. As for as keeping things dry, you can get crystal cat litter (the only clear/whitish kind not the one with blue crystals mixed in) for a good cheap desiccant. Only problem is it only comes in 5 pound bags. I have more of this stuff than I know what to do with.

If your looking for a really good case that will last you a life time and you can use for things other than lasers go with Pelican cases (just google it) their the meanest, toughest cases on the planet. US Para Troopers use modded versions of them to protect their guns when making jumps and some of these things have stood 300 foot drops and whatever is inside is still looking new.

Right now I just have them sitting on my shelf in a foam test tube holder. :p

Attachments

• Shelf.JPG
    Shelf.JPG
    143.1 KB · Views: 268
They are in an optimal position I see... Aren't you concerned with dust collecting on the lens?