Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

A few inexpensive red builds

Pman

Made these a few weeks ago and finally had enough energy to post some pics and comments.
As you can see by the labels there are (2) LPC-826 and (1) LPC-815 at over 300 and 200mW with a G lens although I am using standard acrylic lenses which output pretty good anyways. These are usually labeled as 650nm but I believe they are actually 660nm.
All 3 are using the standard AixiZ drivers like these and the drivers and diodes are isolated from the case.
500ma%20driver%20red-808%20WEB.jpg

The silver conehead unit was purchased from Moh and I had the custom heat sink made by Ehg who has now provided Moh with them so you can buy them from him with the heat sink and other parts you might want such as the pill. Heres the link to the page at Budgetbeams:
Host/Heatsink Combos : Budget Beams LLC

I painted all the focus knobs with spray paint and then a clear coat. I believe the color I used is Duplicoolr Metalasct MC200 RED ANODIZED. As always, pay little attention to any white cat hairs;) Hope you like:)
Cgspvc.jpg

ERqdvK.jpg

4XFFjG.jpg

N3aM2O.jpg

3T3qlk.jpg

bxg0cZ.jpg

Center Beam hitting a cat hair:
4kSsc1.jpg

Bv0hU6.jpg

rx3ZDz.jpg

Beams hitting a Uranium crackle marble:
Mpl0hP.jpg

Bit too much smoke:
tldVnD.jpg

I buy these LPC-826 from this guy for $5.50 x 5 of them:
650nm 400mW Burning Red Laser Diode LPC 826 Twin US Seller Fast SHIP | eBay

Drivers from here:
2pcs Adjustable Current Laser Diode Driver 80 500mA w TTL | eBay

Just some more budget lasers you can build. I would say they were all under $30 each to build especially if you already have batteries.

Bonus pics of the cone-head hosts heat-sink made by Ehg in bottom post on this page (#8)

Last edited:

gozert

Thanks for sharing, I've been looking for some cheap builds like these for a while. Will definitely give it a try sometime soon.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Nice trio of reds, Pman! That center one looks awfully familiar. ;)
The painted focus knob is a great way to give them a "custom" appearance.

:gj:

Edit: That's one heck of an inferno you've got going there, looks like the carpet is on fire!

Last edited:

Pman

Thanks guys. I just got a Sunday Amazon delivery for my new Opus BT-C3400 V2.2 and I love it. Do you remember which thread I mentioned I was going to get one in so I can post it there?

Pman back with the awesome budget builds! Are those diodes by chance case positive and open can?

gozert

Pman back with the awesome budget builds! Are those diodes by chance case positive and open can?

Not sure about the polarity, but they're definitely open can. Check out the 4th photo in the ebay listing.

Pman

Oops, thanks for that BTG. I should take a pic of the heat-sink for the cone head one but I'll have to do it tomorrow as it's time for bed:)

Edit:
Here's the heat-sink pics as promised for the cone head:
Ifuwgp.jpg

ijJ5fe.jpg

oKUAed.jpg

Mz6SQa.jpg

DDi500.jpg

Bonus pic of 2 empty ones, the LPC-826 and an A-140 1W that I haven't posted yet with some other builds:
BzNcbC.jpg

Again, these hosts are available from Moh (budgetbeams) with this heat-sink;)

Last edited: