Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

A few cool photos

skoobdawg

Here are some shots I got while shining the laser around my place and through the camera lens ***while not pointed at my face***

Attachments

Meatball

Is your camera doing alright? Is it a high power laser you used? You'll burn your CCD faster than you can say "oops" while doing this. I hope its not a high dollar camera!

skoobdawg

Oh no it's just a cheapo camera and weak laser, but thanks for the tip, I just ordered a 50mw rayfoss last night and will make sure to keep it out of the lens.

lol, nice photos, glad to hear its only a cheap camera. Love the 2nd shot. Kinda says "dont shine you laser at a camera lens" :p

Whats the laser you used for the shots, just curious

skoobdawg

Hahaha yeah like the no smoking sign. The laser is just an amazon 5mw, I can only see the beam in total darkness but the dot's pretty bright.

SamTHorn

Yeah I was about to say that's a pretty awesome way of destroying your camera.
Though I have to say you got some pretty crazy results. I'd be tempted to try it.. but again.. camera.. lasers.. just doesn't seem right haha.

I saved a couple of those shots though.

~ Sam

skoobdawg

Could anything really be burnt out with a <5mW laser? (for future reference and photoshoot possibilities)