Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

9mm HELP???

ok so i just got my elite host from Clif and put it all together and everything went smooth for the most part. i clicked it on and it was fine. then shut off. so i took it back apart and it seamed like the wire that i used to stick between the heatsink and the host for the driver negative broke where i threaded it together so i pealed a little more wire back and put it back together and now it's working but at very low power. wont even burn. is this a sign of something to do with the driver or the diode? :yabbmad:

Edit:
So i took it back apart and hook the driver to the to my switch and 2X18650 battery holder and she's back at full power. wierd! and suggestions on what might be going on?

Last edited:

I assume when you had the low power problem that it was running off of a single cell? If so maybe one of them is junk. Do you have a DMM? Also what kind of driver are you using?

EDIT:
probably a weak ground connection.:)
Or that :D

Last edited:
well it's an x-drive at 2A. and i'm thinking a week ground but when i was checking things over i checked the 16340's and one was reading high 2.x volts and the other was like 4.xx volts. this was kinda weird because they where just charged together and were equal just prior to putting them in the new host.

Last edited: