Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

95 mW DL or 75mW DL? [Viper]

gmAg21

Im trying to decide between the 75mW dragonlaser viper and the 95mW. im a real noobie with lasers, money isnt a factor i just wanna have some fun cuz im bored alot. but i really want the one that will be most visible and go the furthest cuz im a teenager and i think that it would be cool to shoot from 2 miles away and hit a freakn building haha. just some1 that knows there lasers, which one am i better off having more fun with? i know the 75 costs less but is the 95mW really worth it? would it be that much cooler? o0. :cool:

I have the DL95, and I think it is a much better deal than the 75mw because it will light matches unaided, the 75mw may not be able to do that. Then again...maybe you should consider novalasers? similar prices, but u will get an over spec laser.

As far as pointing at a building 2 miles away...you probably won't be able to see the dot unless it's completely dark outside.

gmAg21

yeah i really just want the laser for entertainment with my friends when were bored. does the 95 reach any further than the 75? i dont wanna like burn some1s skin off tho lol

I think you should go for either the X85 or X105 from Novalasers. If you have your mind set on DL, 95mW will not look much different or go much further than the 75mW. I think you should go with the highest power you can afford because 95mW will light matches unaided and 75mW won't. The reason why I think you should go Nova is because many times their lasers are overpowered, I bought an X105 and it peaks at 122mW and averages at 113mW, that's pretty good because all I payed for is 105mW.

the nova lasers X series, and dragon vipers, are the exact same laser from the exact same manufacturer (CNI). so really, it's all a matter of pricing. as far as i know, dragon doesn't give LPF members a discount, though nova gives LPF members 5% off if you use the code warp5.

a viper 75 is $159.99, whereas an X-85 with 5% discount is $151.99 without a box, or $170.99 with a box and membership and lightyears etc, and the X-85 is giving you a higher guaranteed minimum output power. the viper 95 is $229.99, and the X-105 (discounted) is $199.49 without a box or extras, $218.49 with box/extras, again with a higher guaranteed minimum power. hope this info is helpful anyway :)

I have heard some stories around about the 95mWs there that they are underpowered, I have a DL 75mW pretty awesome but I don't think I will go any higher on the Vipers. If you want more I would go for the hulks.

nes_ds

I have heard bad things about DL, on the other hand, I've heard only good things about NOVA. I suggest you go with NOVA, and a nice pair of NESHADES ;D But seriously, go with NOVA, they are known to be over powered.