Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

8X Yobresal review

My 8X Review:
I wout like to thank Luke for throwing in the 2 free pen lasers! an 8mW 635nm and a 80mW violet pen!

Looks:

This laser looks great in the classic MXDL host.

Feel:
This laser feels great in the hand, it has a nice heavy feel to it, but not extremely heavy.

Specs:
It is a 10X diode (same as 8X) set to 398mA giving about 430mW with an aixiz 405nm glass lens.

Pros:

-Looks good
-Feels good
-Great power
-Burns everything

Cons:-I keep burning my finger tips when they ever so slightly touch the UN FOCUSED BEAM!

Overall I love this laser, and am very impressed with the burning power it has, it will burn literally anything accept metal. I would suggest doing business with Luke (Yobresal) any time, you will not regret it!

Enough talking, here is the Pics!
1978-mxdl1.jpg

1980-mxdl3.jpg

1981-mxdl4.jpg

1979-mxdl2.jpg

Now some vids!

Last edited:

nice!so you finally got your hands on an 8x.
i must assume 8x's are awesome,after my first 8x i want another one,maybe in two months.

isn't to have 2 8x's i wanted to have a powerful keychain laser.BTW an 12x is 50$ more than an 8x not much difference ao i will go for 12x.

isn't to have 2 8x's i wanted to have a powerful keychain laser.BTW an 12x is 50$ more than an 8x not much difference ao i will go for 12x.

Hmm I like the idea! If I get a 12X I will be useing a jayrob pocket mini or micro cr2 kit :) I am impressed with how well this thing burns!:beer:

Hmm I like the idea! If I get a 12X I will be useing a jayrob pocket mini or micro cr2 kit :) I am impressed with how well this thing burns!:beer:

also a 12x will get hotter than an 8x and i will have it in a cr2 keychain.but is better shortest duty cycles and more power rather less power more dudy cycle.have you tried your 8x in the night to see the beam?you should be able to see it pretty good in every angle.

also a 12x will get hotter than an 8x and i will have it in a cr2 keychain.but is better shortest duty cycles and more power rather less power more dudy cycle.have you tried your 8x in the night to see the beam?you should be able to see it pretty good in every angle.

Yup I have, it is nice to see a purple beam for a change, I was very happy with how visible the beam was! :tinfoil: