Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

80mW blu-ray kenbarrel Violaser-80P

drlava

Here are a few photos of the first finished kenbarrel 80+ mW 405nm blu-ray portable laser. It is built using the lavadrive2.

blueburner_portable_1.jpg

blueburner_portable_2.jpg

for more information on the laser diode, please see the extraction and test thread:
http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1203129030

here is a video of it lighting a match:
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1169029/portable_blue_laser_from_6x_burner_lights_match/

:)

Kenom

Very nice looking my man. absolutely beautiful. When ya shipping it to me!! lmao!!!!

Switch

That's one sweet laser right there.Is it for sale? :p I imagine it would go somewhere beyond $600-$700 ::)

Kenom

considering that it is more efficient than a sonar, looks as good as a sonar and was made by such a great builder, and also includes the lava driver2 I'd have to say it would be a steal at $2000 because that's what the sonar 60mw sells for.

Switch

Kenom said:
considering that it is more efficient than a sonar, looks as good as a sonar and was made by such a great builder, and also includes the lava driver2 I'd have to say it would be a steal at $2000 because that's what the sonar 60mw sells for.
Well , if you compare it to the Sonar, totally! WL would probably sell it for $3000-$3500 :p

Beautiful work there Doc! That's one sweet beam shot too... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

The Kenbarrel is so sleek and industrial, it truly is the coolest host around. (I guess it better be cool when pushing 87mW!)

I've really gotta stop looking at all this laser pwn... ;D

Cheers, CC

Enough you guys! Now I feel I need to build a 120mW 405nm. Those 405's are very nice. But I fear I'd just add it to the pile of "to do's" since I don't have a lot of time.

That is a slick beast Dr. L

drlava

405nm is interesting because, like deep red, it doesn't look as bright as it is to the eye. When it shines on fluorescent material or a white shirt, it really shows the power. This laser has the glow-in-the-dark tailcap clicky, that I guess could be charged by the beam if you had some sort of mirror setup. GITD objects are even charged by the diffuse reflection of this beam off of a black object! It will be interesting to go caving/caverning with it and look for fluorescent minerals. I imagine even sand will look quite different!

Switch

desslok said:
[quote author=drlava link=1205908301/0#0 date=1205908301]
blueburner_portable_1.jpg

Last night....I dreamt I held you in my arms......
[/quote]
LOL, you know sometimes I do have laser dreams :D I bet some of you guys do to ;D

I have another question: what does the P stand for? is it pulsed? :-/

drlava

Haha, I brought it to work, it's amazing the things that fluoresce. In antifreeze the beam looks amazing.

P stands for portable, as opposed to the fixed module version:
violet_4.jpg