Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

808nm 2W c-mount first shots video

sbdwag

Here is my first video of the new heatsink/collimator in action on the 808nm labby. Im running the diode at 2800ma's and everything is looking very good. I will probably hold up on the 5W until I add some active cooling to the sink based on some good recommendations here on the forum but I have a couple of 3W 795nm burners with fac coming from Chris that I will put through the paces. He also is going to supply me with some indium foil to use as heat transfer pad which should help the life of the diodes

Everyone thanks for all the comments and help.

YouTube - 2W 808nm c-mount laser diode

regards
sbdwag

Last edited:

Stll amazed by that heatsink/mount, i see you taped off the open cavity to keep crud off the exposed die. Its always satisfiying when you burn something with a laser and it catches on fire :D

I haven't seen many other DIY builds that imitate commercial labbies the way yours does. Looks very professional. That pencil didn't stand a chance. :D

ReNNo

It's good to see what 2W diode can do.
I'm impressed.

What driver do you use?

sbdwag

Yep if the pencil lead had not been in the middle Im sure I could have easily cut it in half.
Its not really a driver its just a resistances that lets a certain amount of current thru. In this case 2800ma's

regards
sbdwag