Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

7 watts of white laser light!

Razako

45,000 Watts just to run it.
If I had my own personal power plant this might be cool to have. ::)

laserfreak3d said:
lol that nothing

beter of buying a laserscope it has a output of 40 watts @ 532 nm

Show me where you can buy a 40W green laser for $7500, I'd really like to see that. Any laserscope units I've seen have been going for 15-20k. Besides, this isn't so much about power, it's that it's a *OMG WHITE LASER, DROOL*

Serious question: What is a 7WATT whitelight laser capable of? I'm imagining cutting metal in half and accidentally burning a hole through the wall. :eek:

laser83 said:
Serious question: What is a 7WATT whitelight laser capable of? I'm imagining cutting metal in half and accidentally burning a hole through the wall.  :eek:

You'll have some troubles trying to cut through metal... Given some time you should be able to burn through wood though. I'd imagine you'd need closer to 40W to cut metal.

Check out some youtube videos, there's lots out there of people playing with some pretty high powered stuff. Search for "co2 laser" or check out Schrecken_Light's videos, IIRC she has a 20W one with some cool videos.

The fact that this is a white laser makes it good for people who want to put on laser shows or for scientific applications where you need to test multiple wavelengths or something.